Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KX80RIDA Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 02:04 PM
    1986 KX80 hard to shift!
    Hi, my 1986 Kawasaki KX80 is easy to shift in the first and second gear, but the third, forth, fifth and six gear are really hard to shift in. I'm guessing that it's the timing that probably needs to be adjusted but I don't know how? I could really use anybody's help please.

Thanks!
    cmecry Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 10:57 AM

Are you using your clutch to shift
    Sticky Sam Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Apr 3, 2009, 07:11 AM
    First check you have the correct oil level in your gearbox. Some people think putting 2 stroke oil in the bike oils everything. If the oil level is low/empty, your may have warped the gear selector forks. If so they will need replacing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Carrier Rooftop [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I know I should probably just change the system but the AC works great still and I just want to make it through this winter. If there is a quick fix please let me know. Both the fan and the A/C work, however, when I switch the unit over to heat there is nothing. The thermostat is one of...

95 ranger hard to shift [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 95 Ford Ranger 5sp manual that is becoming hard to shift. Specialy when I first head out in the morning. Takes a little wiggling the shifter around and a little force to get it in first gear. The other gears aren't as bad once I get to going, but still takes a little force. It has 172k on...

1986 dodge ram 50 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1986 Dodge ram 50 that will not start. I have checked the battery it is good. When I turn the key nothing happens. What should I do.

1986 F-150 Truck [ 1 Answers ]

In 1986 ford F-150 how do I get the Needle/seat unstuck

View more questions Search