Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bettyboop2534 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Elderly Mother
    I am concerned on what to do with my elderly mother she is in a home for elderly and retired and she is stateing that they have cut back on feeding them a full meal and food is just not worth eating now,their care is not good at all like it was in the beginning when she was put their what can be done with the matter? She needs food to have for herself put up but I draw only low income and have two kids to support too. It is hard on me to get her some of the needs she needs is their away to get help here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 01:53 PM

First while this may really be true, have you visted her during meals, have you witnessed this yourself.

Sadly I visit many homes and people set by the door all day saying their son is coming to get them ( son may have been dead for years)

They tell me about a lot of things that often are not true.

Now that does not mean that a lot are not true in some, at times.

So from your personal visits at meals, are they less than needed.
    Bettyboop2534 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 01:58 PM
    I have visited with her and try to cheer the patients up a lot of times and actually yes there is days when they do not get fed nutrious meals not enough to help them my mother is losing weight a lot last few years. There are others that do not get food like they need it. I have eat with them few times and well once it was great meal and for supper they just got peanut butter sandwitchs and their drink. I just think these people are not really cared for like they need to be. I can run the place better then it is run.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 07:27 AM

Have you considered taking her into your home? I know that might not be a solution in your case. But we made that decision many years ago. The sacrifices we have had to make to do that are tremendous, but in the end it is worth it to us. Remember that what ever she is paying for that place could be given to you instead so the money is not that big a deal is it? Besides having Grandma with your children might be a good thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly Mother Being Treated Badly [ 5 Answers ]

My Mother is in her eighties. I have a cousin in his sixties and he and his wife live in another state. They visit Mom and other family members a few times each year. My cousin keeps asking why I do not bring my Mother to visit him and his wife. The truth is his wife is a snob and is rude to my...

Doctors say elderly Mother can no longer live alone [ 4 Answers ]

My 87yr old Mother lives in a regular apartment complex. Recently, after a 2 week hospital stay with congestive heart failure, the doctor has issued a form/letter stating that she is in need of assisted living and can no longer live alone. I have been told that in Texas this letter from the...

Power of atty over elderly mother [ 2 Answers ]

My mother gave me power of atty in 2005. Her atty never released this document to me until just recently. The document is dated in 2005 and notarized. After being named power of atty for my elderly mother in 2005. My brother who lives in another state came to visit in January of 2007 and coerced my...

Debt & my elderly mother [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I'm new to this. My mom (she's 84) has Parkinson's Disease. Diagnosed in 2003. I moved her in with me at the start of 2003, we sold her house in July of 2003, she no longer owns real estate, car or anything. She was on a Debt Management plan to pay off her credit cards, but due to recent...

Can I claim <My elderly Mother-in -Law as a dependent on my 2007 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Can I claim MY elderly Mother-in-Law on My 2007 taxes :)

View more questions Search