Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mompopsbrother Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Pay me back loaned money
    How do I get reimbursed for money I loaned a family member who signed a NOTE to pay me back with interest? Their house is for sale and I would like to attach a lien on the house if that is a possibility. How do I do this?? They live in a different County, but; the same State. :confused:
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:27 AM

Welcome to AMHD. File a suit in court; and a notice of litigation pending (lis pendens) with the appropriate court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 12:38 PM

Well first are they not paying the note back as agreed, they have to be in default first.

After that you will have to file a law suit against them in court and win.

Some states will allow you to place a lien on a home, ( homestead) others will not, so that will depend on location

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moley loaned to family [ 4 Answers ]

My Stepson borrowed money from me and has paid some of it back. However he has not paaid anything in the past 6 months. He did sign an agreement to pay back the loan. He has since moved out of the state and will not contact us. We only have a Post Office box address for him and an Email address. He...

I loaned a person [ 2 Answers ]

I loaned a person $1500 4 years ago at 20% interest compounded monthly. How much money is owed me today?

Business loaned money to individual he filed bankrucy [ 3 Answers ]

Company loaned money to one individual he filed bankruptcy after stating we would not be included in bankrucy filing can any funds be awarded never notified by the court of the suit.

Just trying to get my money back [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, Last year I opened a LOC to purchase a dog at a puppy store in Arizona. I got the dog than paid the account off. My neighbor at the time also wanted a dog, but wouldn't beable to quifly, so I offered to let him use my line as long as he paid me back. From the first month I've had nothing but...

Get money back [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my boyfriend over $6000 almost 4 years ago because he was in danger of losing his house. It was assummed he would pay me back when he got some money. I have only received $100 to date and we just broke up. How do I go about getting the rest of my money back?

View more questions Search