Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Floor cloths
    Has anyone out there made a floor cloth? I would like to know what paint you use and how you seal the cloth when you have finished painting it. Do you use acrylic craft paints? Thanks.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Aug 24, 2006, 11:49 AM
    WHen you say floor cloths, do you mean like "rugs"? I have painted rugs before... there is a special type of accrylic paint you would use (accrylic craft paint) and if the rug will be outside you can get outdoor accrylic craft paint. You may want to use the outdoor kind anyway, if this rug will be underfeet a lot of the time.
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 24, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Hi CGIRL. It would represent like a rug or a mat that you might put in front of your sink in the kitchen. It is for decorative purposes mainly. I know that you have to use a piece of canvas that is primed before painting. I do ceramics and I was wondering if it is the same paint that you use for ceramics that can be used on floor cloths.
    footprints Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 12:18 AM
    To fed up:
    I know it's been a while since you posted your question, but I came across it accidentally, so I thought I'd answer. You can use pretty much any type of acrylic paint. I use flat indoor house paint for the base coat (after the canvas has been primed), and then usually the artists acrylic, or craft acrylic for the actual designs. If you use artists acrylic, be careful to not by the cheapest paint. It will run when you put on the top coat. I use WATER BASE polyurothene for the top coat. 4 to 5 coats. Much, much easier to use than the more standard oil base, and the water base doesn't yellow.
    Hope you get this and hope it helps.
    Footprints

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odors from cloths washer [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have a strong "sewer smell" coming from the washing machine when I wash the first load or two of cloths. After a few loads the odor is definitely less noticieable. Being in the basement I have the drain line from the washer up high than the top of the washer and then inserted into a...

Floor Fan [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody knows how much difference (as far as cost is concerned) in usage and efficiency in trying to keep the cost down if we use a powerful floor fan versus our noisy and old air conditioner system in our rented apartment. In other words, does anybody know how to calculate, or...

Hot floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello The floor in my downstairs bathroom feels hot. And also the faucet upstairs has a hiss like sound. And when I open my cold water ,I get hot water for 20-30 seconds then back to cold. I hope there is no leak under the house.thanks

Wet Floor [ 2 Answers ]

The floor behind my bath tub is soaking wet, I shut off the water every day when I am not using cause I don't know why it's still leaking. I had a friend come and look at it and the floor started to dry up but now its soaking wet again.

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

View more questions Search