Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lotone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 07:30 AM
    Achieve a dark auburn color
    My hair is brown a dark brown I am trying to get a dark alburn into my hair can you suggest what clariol product or products I can use to achieve this color. Need a shine to my hair has it is very dull.

Thank you
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:01 AM

Actually, your request should be quite reasonable to achieve. Any single-process permanent color at least two shades lighter than your natural shade will work quite well. Clairol Nice-n-easy, Clairol Ultress. You could also try Perfect 10, but that may be more damaging. Herbal Essences may also work. Natural Instincts is a demi-permanent and may not get you where you want to go.

Demi-permanents are great for refreshing color, and they're also great as toners, but if you want to go from dark brown to dark auburn, a demi-permanent probably won't work.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 4, 2009, 02:32 PM

Demi permanents are the best! They really do make your hair shine!
    I love Wella's Colour Touch. They have a good selection of shades. WELLA PROFESSIONALS - COLOR TOUCH - INTENSIVE REDS SHADES
    Use it with 4% peroxide.
    This can be purchased from sallys.

Or if you want to use something else, that's okay. Just look out for products that say they're semi perm, if they have a developer with them then that is a demi. Sad but true. A true Semi does not have a developer with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gradient (light on top to dark ends) auburn hair color [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I've been dyeing my hair various shades of red for the past 10 years (it's naturally dirty blonde). I always wait probably 2-3 months between colorings, when my roots are very obvious & it HAS to be done, but I know the longer I wait, the better it probably is for my hair. Also, I've been...

Dark Brown to Auburn [ 1 Answers ]

So after I went off to college, I decided it would be a good idea to dye my hair Deep Brown.. the three dollar revlon box (because I'm a poor college kid). I'd like to lighten my hair to the red/brown/auburn color it was before, even a little bit more on the red side. Unfortunately, I don't have...

From auburn to dark brown [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a natural blonde wanted to go brunette the brown that the first hairstylist did I did not like so I coloured it dark brown black, too dark so I went to the 2nd hairstylist and asked them to lift the colour, and colour it a dark brown. My hair has red highlights now. I just want to be a dark...

I hate this Light Auburn Color! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am REALLY hoping you can help and QUICK! My hair was light blonde(dyed). I dyed it dark blonde and then I just applied Natural Instincts (semi-permanent) Light Auburn and I HATE IT! It is bright in some areas and just looks awful! My 5 year old says I look silly and I have to go...

How do I get red of medium auburn hair color [ 1 Answers ]

hey, My real hair color is medium brown.Well i thought i'd change it up a bit .so i went to the hairdresser lady and asked folightbrown hair with dark blnde highlights.:) it turned out pretty on the bottom tips of my hair but on my roots and top of my hair it wus giving of a medum/light auburn...

View more questions Search