Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yamaha10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 10:59 PM
    Muscle gain
    Hey I was wondering for muscle gain what is better creatine or whey products?
    A4Effort Posts: 486, Reputation: 35

Mar 3, 2009, 11:40 PM

Well, they both help but try eating more to start. Take in more calories from healthy foods such as chicken, granola, fish, etc... It all starts with a proper diet. I only use whey protein when I think I did not get enough from my daily meals, which usually is never.
    yaode3zy Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 04:05 AM

I take both? If you looking for a weight gainer, some will have creatine with the protein, but those are two different things.

Truemass, MassXXX, and MuscleMilk are good. All gainers are pretty similar, I just like finding one that mixes well with my shaker. Be prepared to spend money, when using these products though. More expensive than smoking a pack a day sometimes =[

Mar 4, 2009, 06:38 AM

That stuff is not necessary. Save your money and spend it on food. It's more natural and yields the same results. Without a good diet you will never see any significant results.
    yaode3zy Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 08:13 AM

A4Effort:
    Agreed, a good diet is necessary. However, a serving of weightgainer is around $2-$4 dollars. With milk, calories can range from 900 to 1300 calories. Say you go to subway, or even make your own sub/sandwich, you would more than likely intake less than that amount in calories. Plus, it's more expensive.
    Weightgainers are not substitutes for meals, they make a good addition.
    I would say, get some gainers and maintain a healthy and big diet. =]

Mar 4, 2009, 02:34 PM

I agree with you completely. But it is hard to assess this situation because we do not know what condition this person is in. Are they skiiny or already built? Tall or short? So, it all depends. For me, a 147lb person, I do not need any weight gainers since the food I eat is plenty. But, yes, I do agree with your above statement completely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fat Loss Vs muscle gain [ 1 Answers ]

I just started working out at a GYM I'm a 57 year old male I'm 5,6 , 220 lbs right of the bat I'm doing 1- 11/2 hrs of cardio I use a mach that looks like a bike BUT you use your ARMS instead of your leggs I'm doing 15 Min 2 times , I'm using the tread mill 20 min 2 times I' also MAY use the step...

How to gain 20lbs of muscle? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 6ft tall 180lbs, and am looking to put on 20lbs of muscle. I have always been around 165lbs but when my girlfriend got pregnant I gained a lot of bad weight and went up to 190lbs, but since then have dropped 10lbs and turned the rest into mostly muscle. I want to get up to 200lbs and the only...

Gain muscle and fat? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I gain muscle without losing fat? I'm 5'6 and 114 lbs. Is there a way to have both?

Muscle Gain [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16yrs old, 113 lbs, and 5'2, I lift weights and I have not seen any real significant results and I have been doing it for about 4 months now, I am changing my diet, but what types of meals should you eat? Also I want to get rid of love handles and also build up my biceps, etc.

View more questions Search