Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mak_killer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Exboyfriend is still in her life
    Hi
    I have been dating with this girl from last three months.we work togeather.she broke up with her ex and we started dating after month she broke up with him.it has been three months and evrything is going OK and we are in relationship.but she still see her ex because they have common friends.everytime she see him, he tells her that he wants her back.she is really honest girl and she tells me everything and she doesn't want to go back but she said she still have love left for him.that make me rally jealous.I don't know what to do in this situtation
    StarCrossedUK Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 09:44 PM

It's a difficult one but first can I just say I admire her for being honest with you. She could have taken a very different route and not told you, then how would have you felt?

My boyfriend has no contact whatsoever with his exes. Every time he has broken up with someone he severs all contact and thinks that exes can't be friends. I however am still good friends, and in fact best friends, with a few of my exes.

She will, no doubt still have a bit of love left for him, it doesn't necessarily mean that she is still "in" love with him. Any person that you shared a deep and personal connection with will always have something like that to you and by the fact she broke up with him proves that there is obviously nothing left there.

My best advice to you is to trust her, maybe go out with her and the mutual friends whilst the boyfriend is there and make it clear to him that she is happy with you (Without being a jerk, because he's obviously upset still). Trust your girlfriend and appreciate that she can be honest with you and don't worry too much about it. If you analyze it and get upset over it, it will more than likely damage your relationship.

Mar 3, 2009, 09:45 PM
    EDIT - when her EX boyfriend is there. Typo :)
    mak_killer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Thanks for that I think you are right.I was just getting jealous about it.how should react when she tells me all this.

Mar 3, 2009, 10:13 PM
    Well, you should be as honest with her as she is with you. Explain that naturally you are a little bit jealous but reassure her that you trust her and if it's important for her to maintain this friendship then you will understand. It may be a pain in the arse but, for what it's worth, you'll win very big boyfriend points. :)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 10:16 PM

Tell her what you are feeling. Maybe she can give you the rundown of what's going on in her life without getting too detailed.

A girlfriend is a friend who is a girl. Giving up her life to be only with you is a dream shared by many. Life isn't like that, unless the two of you live on an isolated farm or something. The substitute for, "mine only" is honest communication. That is what she is giving to you, give it back.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Mar 3, 2009, 10:28 PM

Get some balls.. she's with you not him! If you want to lose her keep being boy and you soon will be her next ex!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My exboyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I recently got intouch with my boyfriend after 3years and he asked if I'm single and I asked him too. Were both still single and he said he still feels for me and loves me I told him the same, as I love him too. But then when he asked me to meet him I said no because I'm not sure what his motive...

How do I get over my exboyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I love my ex boyfriend so much apart of me wants to be with him and the other don't I know I need to get over him its for the better but how its so hard to let go:(

My exboyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

my ex boyfriend broke up with me but i am still in love with him and i really want him back and i have realized that i really can't live without him...what should i do???

Thanks to my exboyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

ii can't b in anymore relationships anymore without thinking bout him. yet 2days ago, after recently breaking up with ma other ex, he calls an tells me he loves me an wants me back:rolleyes: ii agree 2give him another chance. but da problem wit him is that he doesnt like showing his emmotions...

My exboyfriend. [ 11 Answers ]

I miss my exboyfriend who I broke up with three weeks ago. I want him back but when I talk to him about it he's like we're better off friends. But all my friends tell me how he misses me and he recently admitted that he does. But he constantly hangs around women and all over them and stuff when I'm...

View more questions Search