Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rinquire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Plumbing leak avoidance
    How do I ensure that a brass to brass plumbing fitting will not leak? We've tried teflon tape and it doesn't work.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 07:02 PM
    If you are working with COMPRESSION fittings that may be part of the problem itself... you should not use teflon on compression fittings. You should also not OVERTIGHTEN compression fittings... ;)

Let us know more about these fittings... O.K. What are you joining?

MARK
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 07:04 PM

How many times did you wrap it and was it the right direction.

You could have a bad thread(S) The male end is usually the culprit.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 07:05 PM

You do not use any tape on a brass to brass fitting, if you are using tubing. If these are cast brass fitting then we can talk further.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 07:06 PM
    See, two of us think tubing and compression fittings and one of us is thinking cast brass. You need to gie more details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condominium plumbing leak [ 2 Answers ]

I live on the third floor of a condo in Florida. I found that I have a leak at the kitchen drain. There is apin hole sized leak under the sink but there is another leak behind the plastered wall behind the cabinets. The leak is going out into the cement that supports the common porch and I'm...

Plumbing leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a leak in my bathroom coming from under the carpet in the door way. My stand alone shower is to the left. I have a separate garden tub.I need some advice on where to start looking.please help!

Plumbing/upstairs leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a walk in, ceramic, shower in the upstairs master bath. It is leaking into the downstairs ceiling (living room). We have removed pieces of the ceiling under the shower to see what the issue may be. It has a constant drip that speeds up when the shower is being used but never stops. It fills...

Plumbing leak [ 1 Answers ]

I might have a small leak in the hose faucet connected to the kitchen wall. I know it would be easy to repair if a go through the kitchen wall to get to it. Does a job like this one be difficult and expensive to repair?

Ceiling leak from tub plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an upstairs condo. My downstairs (condo) neighbor just showed me holes he has had to drill in his ceiling. He's had to drain off water that has seeped through from my tub plumbing upstairs. Many of the upstairs condo's in our complex have had to face this problem. The complex was...

View more questions Search