Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Mar 3, 2009, 07:26 PM

Alty, Please since you're an adult and a pet expert, please warn her about ear cropping a little more because I'm really totally against it just cause one of my friend's did it to her dog and he's ear got really infected and it wasn't good, the dog suffered a lot. Mexcelaya, don't crop your dogs ear. How would you have liked it if your mom thought your ears were to big and she chopped them off and then something bad happens to them like my friend's dog? Please read the link carefully at the part that says IT IS PAINFUL! :/ :/
    mexcelaya Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2009, 07:31 PM

But did your friend go to the vet and got the ears done. Why do you think its not right if it was'nt right don't you think the vets would have NOT DO IT?

Mar 3, 2009, 07:46 PM

Umm... that's up to you. A vet cannot just go and attack you and be like " NO YOU CANNOT GET YOUR DOGS EARS CROPPED!!!!!!"

It's up to you, were just suggesting you to NOT do it. Hey, vets are vets, but they are not all accurate. My mom's best friend had the most adventorus loving healthy dog EVER and the vet killed it by injecting a medicine not accurate for his size. Yes she did it with a vet obviously! Please don't tell me you were just going to do it yourself! Like I said before, leave the dog the way it was born, I doubt your mom had the doctor do plastic surgery on you because she didn't like a body part on you when you were born!

Mar 3, 2009, 07:52 PM

Dang did your moms friend sue the vet, and of course I was'nt going to crop the dogs ear I ll be dumb if I did

Mar 3, 2009, 08:06 PM

Of course!!

The dog was beautiful it was a big grey dog but with green eyes and he was super sweet still a baby!

And yeah, do not do it, not yourself, not a vet!

Mar 3, 2009, 08:10 PM

Hey how old are you? Just a QUESTION

Mar 3, 2009, 10:04 PM

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I'm 15 turning 16. I might be young but I am pretty smart :) and I'm in 9th grade, just not taking 9th grade classes lol
    KayGates Posts: 95, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2009, 12:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starfirefly View Post
    well for family type you will want a softer name for it, but can i ask why you would want such a visious type dog for a family?
    WRONG!
    The dog will be a great family dog if raised correctly.
    Do some research before saying such cliché things.
    KayGates Posts: 95, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    Once again I would like to say that pitt bulls may not be as responsive for as many attacks as they have been given credit for due to misidentification. Can you find the pitt bull? Warning, this is harder then you think.

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

Where you aware that the pitt bull use to be the all around American family dog?

Did you know that in WWI there was a pitt bull named Stubby that was the unofficial mascot of the 102 division? He was such a hero he was awarded several medals and received the rank of sergeant.

Helen Keller, teddy Roosevelt, Mark Twain, John Steinbeck and many other famous figures all owned pitt bulls.

Remember Petey the pitt bull from the Little Rascals?

Before you say how awful these dogs are do some research first. You may find yourself surprised.

Good Post!
    yaode3zy Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 01:25 AM

Snoopy ==> Snoop, once he gets big and rough. ;)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 03:46 AM

There are better options to choose from. Pit's can be great loving dogs but one option you must also thinkof is your parents insurance. Most homeowners insurance will not cover homes with these dogs and if they do, it will be veryy expensive. Also, I don't know if it was metioned already there jaws lock when they bite and they don't letgo.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 04:37 AM

The OP hasn't even bought the dog yet, and it may be a pipe dream. This is a young girl I believe, in a different country yet.

So far a poster has warned about ear cropping (and here again I believe it is a young person) a dead dog from a vet's erroneous ministerings and a warning pit bulls are dangerous to have.

She only asked for names because she may be getting a pit bull. Do you all get my drift. It is only about naming a dog and it has already gone to three pages !

Tick
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Mar 4, 2009, 08:44 AM

Pit Bull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check this out, it has lots of info just to make sure that your pitbull rights are meet, hope your puppy is wonderful and not a little hellien lol puppys can be no matter what breed

Mar 4, 2009, 08:53 AM

Different*
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:00 AM

Its wonderful that you are thinking of names,I would also seriously look in to finding a proper place to have your dog trained in obedience. Pits are not for everyone and as with any breed ,you should know all there is about them before you find you have a dog who is not right for your family.
    Pit Bull Breed Profile

Mar 4, 2009, 09:10 AM

At least someonee is right! ^^^^^
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Can you view both the parents of the puppy? It usually pays because temperaments can be inherited and if the parents are naturally aggressive then that can be a problem.

And yes although there are a lot of pit bulls out there that are great family dogs truth is, the stereotype started somewhere... they can be aggressive and it just pays to let people know before they buy one thinking they have this great dog that wouldn't hurt a fly.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 09:35 AM

Starfirely and Ana52406. Okay girls, your disagrees don't follow forum guidelines. I am not offering wrong advice, so your disagrees are not appropriate. I am offering my opinion only so I guess you will have to live with it. I don't see any of our experts chiming in on this, probably because it is just a post about naming a dog, not asking for advice on pit bulls per se, how to raise them, cutting their ears and how they are generally.

I suggest you both read the forum basics before you give anymore disagrees.

ms. tickle
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:44 AM

OK, as far as names go, I have a few ideas for you.

Odin, Thor and Chaos. All names of mythological gods. There are some really cool ones.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:45 AM
    *hides in a corner*

*whispers*

Call it Morgan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search