Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Mar 3, 2009, 06:01 PM

How about cocoa
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
    My brother in laws has had several Pitt bulls, One of my favorites was an absolute sweetheart named Deuce. He wouldn't hurt a kitten and was a doll with their two small children. He looked a lot like the puppy you are describing.
    mexcelaya Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2009, 06:02 PM

I understand, but where I live you don't need a licence for the dog

Mar 3, 2009, 06:04 PM

OK but cocoa is a female name

Mar 3, 2009, 06:08 PM

Once again I would like to stress the importance of finding a reputable breeder. Temperament is as genetic as anything else, although many people do not realize this when they breed their dogs. Do not just get any puppy from any guy in a parking lot, for all you know they could be "game bred" puppies. To ensure a sound temperament you need to have a reputable breeder, interact with the parents, and view the living conditions of the dogs before you buy the puppy. If the person gets dodgy with answers, or refuse to let you see the parents or where they are kept, then this is a major red flag.
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Mar 3, 2009, 06:09 PM

Yeah, aren't they illegal or something? I know here in Florida I think it's illegal.

Why don't you get a smaller more playful cute dog. Idc what dog it is, I love dogs but pitt bulls are super aggressive and if there is a baby around you shouldn't get that dog. Why don't you get a cute poodle, maybe a jack russell, cocker spaniel, yorkie, shi*zu, maltese?

Pitt bulls are really good watch dogs, even though if they hurt somebody say bye bye! But for an inside family dog, why don't you get a smaller dog?

If you do end up getting a pitt bull name it something based on his personality when you meet him. If he is all hyper or something you can call him a crazy hippy name. Be creative also, that's the cutest part about naming a dog.

Mar 3, 2009, 06:10 PM

Honestly the only breed I like love... is pitbulls

Mar 3, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Out of the pitt bulls my brother is laws has owned there has been Zeus, Snoopy, Deuce, and Mistro. They were all very good family dogs. Most people who talk about how mean they are have had little contact with many of the dogs, and only go by what they have heard. While I do not deny that they have the potential to be dangerous, so do many other breeds. I have met dozens of loving, gentle pitt bulls. Do not let bias deter you if this is the breed you want, however do your homework first just to make sure it is in fact a right match. You should never get any breed without fully understanding them.

Mar 3, 2009, 06:17 PM

Yea that s why I getting it in the summer, because I'm still learning about them
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 06:17 PM

Zoe I had to spread the rep but I agree. The tempermant of the dog must fit the owner.

I like the name Snoopy, that would have been good for my beagle Chewy.

How about King, or Softie? I'm really bad at names. Did you look at the link I posted?
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Mar 3, 2009, 06:18 PM

Very Very true Silver... there is a lot of more dangerous breeds but were talking about pitt bulls here. Yeah, learn about the breed first, that is very important. ESPECIALLY about pitts!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 06:19 PM

A dog trainer once told me a short name with sharp consonants is always good -- Tut, Dot, Jedi, Ewok, Jabba, Spot, Flak, etc.

Mar 3, 2009, 06:21 PM

No what link?
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 06:23 PM

I have to say they are cute puppies. I like them better without their ears cropped, especially since I believe ear cropping is not necessary.

Attachment 17189

Attachment 17190

Attachment 17191
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 06:24 PM

Here's the link again. :)

List of Dog Names

Mar 3, 2009, 06:28 PM

Those pits are nice but I plann on getting the dogs ears cropped

Mar 3, 2009, 06:28 PM

Once again I would like to say that pitt bulls may not be as responsive for as many attacks as they have been given credit for due to misidentification. Can you find the pitt bull? Warning, this is harder then you think.

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

Where you aware that the pitt bull use to be the all around American family dog?

Did you know that in WWI there was a pitt bull named Stubby that was the unofficial mascot of the 102 division? He was such a hero he was awarded several medals and received the rank of sergeant.

Helen Keller, teddy Roosevelt, Mark Twain, John Steinbeck and many other famous figures all owned pitt bulls.

Remember Petey the pitt bull from the Little Rascals?

Before you say how awful these dogs are do some research first. You may find yourself surprised.

Mar 3, 2009, 06:31 PM

Yea I'm doing research on them most of the time
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 06:39 PM

Before deciding to crop the ears, please read the link.

Ear Cropping and Tail Docking, Pros and Cons

Mar 3, 2009, 07:21 PM

Yea I read it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search