Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdziegler Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Hexane reacts with Oxygen
    Hexane (C6H14) reacts completely with oxygen (O2) to make carbon dixode and water. Balance the equation. How many mole of oxygen are consumed per mole of hexane burned?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 03:51 PM

C6H14 + O2 = CO2 + H2O

Once you balance the equation (it's easy -- balance carbons first, then the hydrogens (use the water produced), and finally the oxygen).

Once you see the balanced equation, you can easily see how much oxygen is consumed for 1 mole of C6H14.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does " Calcium Carbonate hardly reacts with dilute Sulphuric Acid " ? [ 11 Answers ]

I need a quick reply please. Thank you in advance.

How does magnesium reacts to hydrochloric acid? [ 7 Answers ]

What is magnesium and hydrochloric?? How does magnesium reacts to hydrochloric acid??

Seem to not getting enough oxygen [ 2 Answers ]

Once in a while, I have this weird feeling in my chest that I cannot get enough air. I breathes fine, but it seems like my lungs are not capable of getting the oxygen. I feel very weak and dizzy because of it. Even though it only happens once in a while, for a sort time, it happens. I would...

How my body reacts after sex [ 2 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy in 2001 all is well and fine with having sex it is great and all but every time I do have sex I always seem to have symptoms of a yeast infection or bacteria infection. Sometimes I am worried that it is an std. I have been checked for everything and just recently I have...

View more questions Search