Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolly nod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 01:42 PM
    How reliable is radiometric dating
    Since dating of rocks by radiometric dating varies considerably and recent eruptions i.e. circa200 years give old ages how can this be reconciled?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 02:37 PM

Can you be more specific - what actual example can you cite where the reported data is inconsistent with known facts? In general radiometric dating of lava flows will give you information regarding the age of the formation of the lava, not the age of the eruption that brought that lava to the surface. So again, if you can cite a source that woud be helpful.

As background you may want to read the following, so we can be sure we're talking about the same thing:
    Radiometric dating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are horoscopes reliable? [ 16 Answers ]

I have been relying a lot on daily horoscopes to help with my relationship problems. However, when I read a certain horoscope that is bad it ruins my whole day. Like my ex who tells me he will want me back. When I read his, it will say something like, Romance is in the air for you today. This...

How reliable are these? [ 6 Answers ]

I keep seeing these advertisements on TV for these programs to understanding Government Home Repo auctions (or something to that degree) where you can buy houses for something crazy like $200 dollars. I've been trying to research it but I'm not really getting anywhere. If someone could explain it...

Reliable heating and A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I am so confused many people say Goodman furnace and A/C are junk and many others say cheap and reliable. Who's right ? I do not want service calls -Which equipment should I get Goodman or Trane

Reliable used car for son [ 5 Answers ]

I would like some input on a reliable car for my 17 yo son. He has a 2003 Lancer but wants a manual and a car he can customize. He likes the older jettas (1999 and up) but I have read some negative things about the costs of repairs. Any suggestions for sporty cars that cost between $ 3000-$4000?...

View more questions Search