Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Bisexuality, What do you think?
    Hi,

There was a discussion on another board, that questioned the nature of bisexuals.

I have heard a lot of different opinions on it's nature, validity and even it's existence.

What are people's opinions on this honestly?

Hope to hear from you.

:D
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Mar 3, 2009, 01:52 PM
    It does exist. I think most bisexuals do have one gender they lean towards a bit more than another. Also, bisexuals are capable of and practice monogamy as much as any other orientation.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 3, 2009, 02:06 PM

I agree with Ren6. I believe some people have the ability to attracted to both sex's equally. I also believe they can be monogomous.

But something I must say is that I would never want to be with a bisexual man. Only out of fear he'd leave me for a man or cheat on me with a man. That's just the way I feel. I don't think I can change that and I think a lot of women feel the same.
    Luscious Leo Posts: 65, Reputation: 12

Mar 3, 2009, 02:09 PM

I think bisexuality can be possible. Some people fall in love with whomever they happen to relate to.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 02:12 PM

On the other post there was some confusion, but the question arose that monogamy may not be possible by bisexuals according to some people.

I really do not want standard 'pc' answers.

Real opinions please, whatever they are.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 02:16 PM

I believe that bisexual males cannot commit to a female for life, primarily because they are giving up a huge part of their sexuality. Just as I believe as a heterosexual female that although I am attracted to other females I couldn't commit to one for the rest of my life without ever not wanting to get what a man has to give. I think it's the same effect.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 02:18 PM

There is nothing wrong if a person is bi but I just think if you are bi you need to be honest with the people your dealing with especially if your in a relationship or any time you become serious with someone.

I must admit that I engage in sexual actitives with females in the past but I found that when I express that some guys, especially my fiancé, gets a little jealous because he feels he can compete against a girl and this has been an issue for him in the past but we overcome it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 02:24 PM

Thank you for your honest replies.
    MsEmily Posts: 36, Reputation: 6

Mar 3, 2009, 02:32 PM

First of all, bisexuality and monogamy are different things. A person being one does not mean he/she cannot be the other.

It is often assumed that bisexuals are less likely to be in monogamous relationships, that they can't "make up their minds" about sexual partners, and that they can't be trusted to engage in safe sex. None of this is true.

The only truth is that bisexuality is another orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality, in which the person in question is more likely to have sexual and intimate relationships with people of both sexes, not just one. This does not mean it has to happen at the same time or unsafely.

Also, it's important to understand that just because someone has had sex with men and women, that does not mean the person identifies as bisexual. Currently, it is standard to go by how a person self-identifies, not by a rigid, black and white definition.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 02:34 PM

Bisexuality is a misleading term, I've always understood it as people who want sex so bad they'll do whatever they can with whoever's willing, regardless of gender. It's more common among people who live a bohemian life style or try to live a freer life than those of us in a structured society.

Anyone can have sex with anything, even couches, but that doesn't make them sofasexual. It's who you feel most comfortable with and can relate to on an emotional level that determines your sexuality.
    cdoggy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Anyone can love who ever they want. If it does not hurt me or anyone else why stop it if they are pursuing their dream of happiness.

As a low 20s guy I think dating a Bi-girl would be amazing just at the chance of a 3-some (as rare and special as it is). BUT I would always be paranoid about her hanging out with her girlfriends and what would happen. It doubles the amount of potential people for her in my mind.

I guess it all depends on the person as to how to take on the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    Bisexuality is a misleading term, I've always understood it as people who want sex so bad they'll do whatever they can with whoever's willing, regardless of gender. It's more common among people who live a bohemian life style or try to live a freer life than those of us in a structured society.

Anyone can have sex with anything, even couches, but that doesn't make them sofasexual. It's who you feel most comfortable with and can relate to on an emotional level that determines your sexuality.
    Bi-sexuality has nothing to do with sex drive, its more of a personal preference and orientation. I mean I have one hell of a sex drive but I am not gay.

And there is a psychological condition where someone views objects as sexual and will follow through on their feelings.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:23 PM

I'm only going to say this,
    1. Bisexuality exists. 2. It is not a case of GREED as suggested by some mis-informed individuals.
    3. Monogamy is the same for bisexuals as it is for HOMO/LES, Hetros - some are monogamous others are not.
    Cheers
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:03 PM

Please post the research that led you to this understanding.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:06 PM
    I wa going give you a reddie but I respectfully disgree with this statement and would like you to explain more about what your trying to say. In the meantime you can take a look at this site that I found http://www.lgbt.studentaffairs.duke....qs/bisexuality.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 06:46 AM

You have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm bisexual, and have been in a monogamous relationship (marriage!) for 12 years with my husband.

Just because I'm attracted to BOTH sexes doesn't mean I go out there and screw anything that moves.

PS--I'm also the assistant registrar at a private college, am buying a home, have responsibilities, etc. I'm DEFINITELY not bohemian or live a less structured life than the rest of society.

YOU are the kind of person that gives bisexuality a bad name---and you're not even bisexual!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 09:30 AM

I think if people were more honest, or more aware of themselves, then their would be little confusion how a human defines his/her sexuality, or preference.

I do know that sexual preference has nothing to do with monogamy, loyalty, or fidelity. Those are character issues.

You may not have a lot to do with whom your attracted to, but you certainly have a lot to say about what actions you take.

Personal responsibility always applies to all humans. In my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Bisexuality Exist? [ 67 Answers ]

This is a follow-up derived from another thread. I've maintained, as a gay man, that bisexuality in men is a myth which can be explained as either a confusion over definitions of sexual orientation or a denial of being gay, or both. I have no opinion about bisexuality in women (that might be...

View more questions Search