Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Why do they use the word 'love'?
    Why do people in general, but mostly young people throw the word love around so often?

For god's sake if you've never spoken to him, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he doesn't love you!!

How many posts have you seen that begin with : well here's my problem, I met this boy/girl yesterday/last week and I love them do you think they love me?

NO!!!!

I think love is a sacred thing, that is rarely found and should be treasured when you are lucky enough to find it.

Not some word that obviously isn't understood but thrown in for dramatic affect!

Okay rant over.

Opinions anyone? :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:59 PM

Hi, neverme!

I just think that it's wishful thinking and lack of understanding by the posters as to what love really is.

Thanks!
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 13, 2009, 10:54 AM
    I have to agree it is used way to often and way too freely without any real knowledge or caring as to what it really means.

I think it comes down to many things though depending on the age and how young or old the person is.
    It also is because of what sort of foundation the child is given as they are raised. Were they "seen" and validated as they were coming up? If not they will constantly be seeking that acceptance and attention and validation. Where ever they get it they naturally pin the "love" word on it because it feels so right.

Sadly it comes to parenting in the majority of the cases. Without a parent who shows what true love is and who teaches a child to love themselves well that child will likely go through life trying to love others just to feel whole themselves.

I come to this conclusion from my own past experiences.

Bay
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 11:07 AM

There is such a thin line between infatuation and love.

I think that when you are young and infatuated with someone than you believe that you have found that love. At the same time that heart break causes people to believe the absolute best about the person they believed they were with, I feel like they also can believe that their infatuation was love.

When they grow up and find out truly what love is, then they can better understand what their infatuations were. Love is an indescribable thing, so I would suppose when you can't describe it than you would have a hard time knowing what exactly it felt like until you truly did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word meaning more than love? [ 24 Answers ]

My boyfriend once told me that there was a word in another language that does not translate to English. It is a heightened form of love, something that means much more than love. I've searched on Google, I've tried to find it, but I can't. What is that word?

In love with my best friend - haven't said a word [ 7 Answers ]

Good evening, First of all, English is not my mother language (French is) so feel free to correct anything wrongly expressed - tks. I'm 23 (man) - she's 38. We work in the same company in Paris. We're both single. We have known each other for about two years now and have been doing...

Add a word and its meaning to ms word dictionary [ 2 Answers ]

Add a word and its meaning to ms word dictionary

The LOVE word! [ 13 Answers ]

Could someone please shed some light on the subject as to why some men are afraid to use the "love" word? I have a friend that told me that his girlfriend told him she was in love with him and that he doesn't like that word... I didn't know what to tell him so I figured I would come here for some...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search