Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anca21bi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Bad Checks and Garnishments
    I have some bad checks that are in collections from 2003, I live in Washington state and wanted to know if they are past statue of limitations. I also found out my wages are being garnished because of this and I was never notified that this was going to happen. Is there anything I can do?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Mar 3, 2009, 01:21 PM

Hello Anca

If I were you I would be more concerened about criminal charges. You didn't say how much the checks were. Wages that are being garnished comes from a judgement. Not sounding mean but if you knew you had written bad checks why didn't you just take care of it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many pay garnishments at once [ 1 Answers ]

How many pay garnishments can be attached to ones pay at the same time in New Jersey?

Garnishments in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true, that your wages can not be garnished for a medical bill if you have dependent children in the state of NJ?:confused:

Garnishments [ 1 Answers ]

What percentage of my salary can my employer garnish for a credit card debt?

Garnishments of pay checks. [ 2 Answers ]

I am hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. My husband and I live in California. He has his checks garnished by the State of Oregon for past child support payments. Quite a few years ago my husband went on unemployment in the State of California. The state over paid him by...

View more questions Search