Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patricksmommy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Hcg levels went down
    So my doctor called me today to give me the results of my blood tests from last week and she said that my hcg levels went down instead of up. So tomorrow I am scheduled for an ultrasound and some more blood tests. I am guessing this is not a good thing and I am just really scared and confused now. I am not sure what the ultrasound is for but I guess I will see tomorrow. Does anyone know what it would be for?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 05:50 PM

Most likely to check what they are able to see at this stage and get an idea of how far along you are and whether things are developing as they should be.
    They will check for placement of the baby... ectopic pregnancies will often have lower hcg levels, or levels that go down. How far along do you think you are? Levels will go down after several weeks, so perhaps you are farther then was first thought.
    Sometimes too, if the pregnancy is not viable levels will start to decline.
    Hope you get some good results.
    patricksmommy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Most likely to check what they are able to see at this stage and get an idea of how far along you are and whether or not things are developing as they should be.
    They will check for placement of the baby....ectopic pregnancies will often have lower hcg levels, or levels that go down. How far along do you think you are? Levels will go down after several weeks, so perhaps you are farther then was first thought.
    Sometimes too, if the pregnancy is not viable levels will start to decline.
    Hope you get some good results.

I am about 5 w 2 d by my calculations and last time I went they said hcg was 74.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2009, 03:48 AM

The ultrasound will give them a better idea of how things are. The 74 is within the range seen at 5 weeks, but it is a large range, so by having the ultrasound they will be better able to determine if there is a concern or not. Of course they would like to see that the hcg level has gone up on the next check as well.
    Keep us posted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

K levels [ 1 Answers ]

My potassium level is 2.9. The level is supposed to be 3.6-5. I didn't think 2.9 is that low but the doctor seem somewhat alarmed and gave me some horse pills (huge) to take. I didn't start the pills because I do eat grape fruits, bananas and I take a medication that that has a side effect that...

HCG levels [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is around 6 weeks pregant-her HCG level is 3200 as of yesterday. We would like to know if this is normal or do we need to worry about a miscarrage? She has be bleeding for the past 3 days in small amounts-the doctor can not find anything wrong. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE!! ...

Hcg levels? [ 2 Answers ]

Confused I am 19 days post ovulation and I had a blood test to check for pregnancy and I got the results today they said I have a hcg level of 4 and to come and be re tested in 5 days,I am confused am I pregnant or not? I thought any hcg under 5 was a negative? So why the need to retest,is it...

HCG Levels [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for information about twins and hcg levels. At 7 weeks, I was measuring at 165,000 mIu. I know that the range for singletons is from 7500-229000 for 7-8 weeks... but I was wondering if these numbers could be indicative of twins. My first u/s or doppler...

PH Levels [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering if there is a herbal alternative for balancing the PH levels in the body - Mine appear to go out of sync at various times - During which all the mucous in my body becomes so caustic that it burns the membranes in all orifices causing considerable discomfort - This can last for 1 week...

View more questions Search