Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesjopep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Single Phase Air Conditioning Condenser Wire Gauge Specs
    Hi, I would appreciate if someone could tell me what gauge wire I am supposed to use with a single phase motor air conditioning condenser rated at 40 amps and/or 60 amps

Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 07:48 PM

Hi, jamesjopep!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:10 PM

On all air conditioners there is a name plate and on this plate will give fan motor amps and compressor amps (FLA) , it will also list maximun breaker or fuse size, this number is what you want to size your wire to, if the number is 40 then number 8 wire might be used or number 6 wire for 60 amp breaker, you can't go wrong with a larger wire but going smaller is not advised, good luck ,Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am new this community... You are doing great job of knowledge transfer... My question: Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply? Please clear my doubt... :confused:

How do you usually connect three single phase loads to a three phase generator? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you usually connect three single phase loads to a three phase electric generator?:)

Detail explanation of eletrical between 3 phase and single phase [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I do confuse between 3 phase and single phase,may I get some detail and comparison for each of them?

New A/C Condenser - What wire gauge for supply? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts- I am setting a new condenser unit for central AC and need to know the gauge of wire to run to the disconnect box. From the Manufacturer of the condenser: 13 SEER unit (higher efficiency) Minimum Ampacity: 14.5 25 Amp Breaker LRA 68

Connecting 14 gauge wire and 12 gauge wires in the same blue box. [ 2 Answers ]

I am wiring my basement. All the outlets are running off 2 independent 20 amp circuit breakers connected to each other by 12/2 wire. I wanted to run some stubs off my 12/2 outlets. All each stub would do is run to a small light (max 180 watts) and of course a light switch. Since I ran out...

View more questions Search