Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purple1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Home Based Work
    I am currently disabled due to back and knee surgeries, and was wondering how I could supplement my income by doing home based work from the computer. I have a Master's degree in social work. I've looked into some home based businesses, but they all want a fee to sign up. I could transcribe doctors notes from recordings, data entry,editing, but don't know where to look anymore to find these jobs. Are there any valid sites or listings out there that can actually get me doing home based work?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 03:53 PM

You can try putting an ad in the paper. Basically stating what you said here re the doctors notes, etc. editing, etc. I know it takes time, but to my way of thinking a lot of dentists and doctors are probably looking for a break from paying office staff. So post it in the professional section of your local newspaper.

That is what I would do.

Ms tick

Mar 2, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Thank you for responding to my question! Your answer helped!
    youronlinebiz Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 07:48 AM

Hi purple1

I noticed you have skills and the reply from tickle was a good idea. If you tried this and it worked that is great for you.

However, I wouldn't just restrict yourself to using skills you already possess. There are lots of companies out there that would love some extra publicity and you don't have to be an expert to do this.

A cheap low cost way to make some money would be to sign yourself as an affiliate. In most cases this is free to do, and all you do is post a site on the web with affiliate links and make some commissions. That's how I started.

You could also go down the route of paid surveys.

There are many ways to supplement your income don't limit yourself to things you are skilled in. It's not difficult to have multiple streams of income on the net.

I have moved onto a much better setup these days but I found affiliate marketing was a good stepping stone for me.

Good luck with it

Mar 7, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Youronlinebiz, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. Where do I find these online jobs? I know about the surveys, but it takes so long to earn anything from there. Finding these sites has been difficult. Can you give me some leads?

Mar 7, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Haha purple1 - yeah I gave up on the paid surveys pretty quick but its an idea.

The way I got started.

First I designed a real quick website just so I had a presence. A good one to use is weebly.com, free of course.

Get that up and running then you can start looking for affiliate products. The sites I had success with were clickbank.com and amazon.co.uk. I signed as an affiliate. I think both services were free, or Amazon may have been a small cost.

Once you are signed up you can then start looking at products that people are buying. Amazon is pretty straight forward look at the best seller section clickbank is a little more complex

When you have products you are interested in promoting, grab the affiliate links from the sites and put them on your website at weebly.

Oh I almost forgot! When you have your affiliate links copy the links and paste them one by one at a site called tinyurl.com. This will do what is known as cloaking your affiliate links. Not doing this you run the risk of people replacing your link id with theirs and they get commissions Put the links on your Weebly site. When you hover over the links with your mouse you should be seeing the tinyurl link not your original affiliate

Then go to Google and type in exactly like this [free classified ads] include the brackets. And list ads with the top 6 sites. You have to create accounts but they are straight forward

On top of that sign up with a blogging site and write blogs or reviews on the products your affiliating.

That's how I started anyway. I have moved on from that since but that should be a good start for you.

Good luck purple1 :D

Damian
    Internet Marketing Consultant & Mentor.

Mar 7, 2009, 02:44 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Mar 7, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Haha

No problems purple1, it's my job to help that's what being an Internet Marketing Consultant is all about.

Of course your one of the lucky few my advice usually costs people money.

I wish you success, keep posting so I can se how your doing

Damian
    Internet Marketing Consultant and Internet Business Owner
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Hi, youronlinebiz!

So, what about all of the scams and frauds that are out there concerning affiliate marketing? Would you care to elaborate about that some, please?

Thanks!

Mar 7, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Hi Clough

Sure I can elaborate. As long as you are careful and only sign up with well known companies and well established companies you won't get scammed. Don't be taken in by sales pages that tell you I will make $xxxx overnight. That is not true in my experience.

Affiliate Marketing is a very good way to get yourself started in the Internet Marketing Business and there are plenty of good companies that run the affilaite side of things very efficiently.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had great success with clickbank and Amazon. Excellent companies with great affiliate set up. Sky.com is another great affiliate company that costs a membership fee to keep time wasters away. That's just to name a few.

Hope this helps Clough

Damian
    Internet Marketing Consultant & Business Owner
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2009, 04:43 PM
    For those who aren't sure what affiliate marketing is: Affiliate marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Piecework at home/ Packaging work at home or crafts work [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a part time job as due to my GCSE I will have 3 months off after them, and I have heard of piecework which I am interested in, however I don't know what to serach for who to contact can someone help me out please as I would appreciate it. Could you please list a few manufacturers...

Looking for Home based job [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for genuine home based typing jobs, have already wasted more than 100 pounds on scams and cannot afford to pay even single penny more, just need a job that will pay me rather than take more money off me. Can some one please guide me? No scams or small membership sites please. Only...

Home based Data entry work [ 4 Answers ]

Warm Greetings, I would like to know if any body here knows regarding online job sites. Please recommend any, if you know, moreover it should not be scam site or demanding fees. Regards

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search