Ask
    crazz2952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Can a women swim with dolphins while she has her menstrual
    Can women swim with dolphins while on their menstrual
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 03:20 PM

I wouldn't advise it. Male dolphins are very susceptible to human women in this condition so I here. There are more astute dolphins and then there are not, same as us. I don't think anything would happen. Even if you wear a 'plug' the scent is all over the bodythat there is a another mammal in the water almost ready to mate.

Ms tick
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:57 PM

I seriously doubt there is anything to this story.

It sounds like just another menstrual superstition.
    Can men swim with dolphins if they have a cut? Blood is blood.
    There are dozens of these stories about things women can't do when menstruating. I've never heard any support for any of them.

Snopes. Com debunks myths generally. Here's their entry on menstrual myths.

snopes.com: Menstrual Superstitions
    Jenelea Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 02:11 PM

According to the research department at Sea World in Ohio, male dolphins may become aggressive toward a human female when they sense the hormones that are released in the female human body prior to menstruation. Out of the 24 reported cases of "dolphin aggression" in the last 5 years, 22 were directed toward females that were of an age to experience monthly menses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why God created menstrual system in women? [ 30 Answers ]

Why God created menstrual cycle in women? Couldn't there be any other way. Do female animals have menstrual cycle like women, if not then why women have this thing?

Baby swim [ 2 Answers ]

What age could you take baby swimming?Is it best to wait till they have had all their injections?:confused:

Embarrassed to swim [ 5 Answers ]

I've loved swimming ever since I was little. I've had a wide number of weight problems and emotional problems and am currently 5'3" and 257 lbs. I decided to start an exercise program and joined the local YMCA a few days ago. I bought a swimsuit, swimcap, goggles, lock, etc. I'm ready to begin. The...

I haven't had a menstrual cycle for some time, is it normal? Women only porfavor! [ 1 Answers ]

I am in my 5th year of having a menstrual cycle I have just recently turn 15 and I haven't had my period for about 7 months. I was recently looking at pregnancy symptoms and I compared my symptoms with those but I am more than sure that I am not pregnant I am actually a virgin and I have never had...

View more questions Search