Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Key Deposits
    I have yet another questions about rentals, I'm moving in 3 weeks and I just wrote a letter to my landlord to re-confirm the amount she will return to us for deposits on keys.

We paid her about $80 in deposits for keys (front door keys were $10, apartment door keys were $15, 2 each, and then a few other keys (garage, mailbox and storage room) were $5 each.

She wrote me back and said all her keys are $5 each and have been since she bought the building. I don't have the receipt anymore but I know we paid the ammounts I stated. I checked and the lease shows that the front door and apartment door keys are $10 each but she didn't write in any amount paid next to the columns listing key prices.

Should I accept her $5 per key or fight to at least get the $10 per key that is written on the lease or fight to get exactly what I did pay (though I don't have proof I have obviously caught her in a lie)

Check out some similar questions!

Pet deposits [ 1 Answers ]

Do you get a full pet deposit back if no damage is done?

Pet Deposits? [ 2 Answers ]

I decided to get my son a cat after we moved into our new apartment. When it came around to sign a new lease I paid a pet deposit of $300 on top of that they want an additional $20 a month for a "Pet Fee" and it is to be included in my rent each month (no separate check). I just want to know if the...

Pet Deposits [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find some information on pet deposits in Virginia. I rented a house for about 6 months and they just took my entire deposit to replace the carpet in the house. First off, there was nothing wrong with it. When we did the final inspection they even said how nice the carpet looked...

Security deposits/pet deposits - Texas tenant law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This involves a lease that went month to month and verbal agreements. During tenants stay, they broke several personal items (sculptures, fountain) on the property and brought in a second dog. In the written lease, there is nothing abuot pets. I gave them erbal permission to have one...

Pet Deposits [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania and when we initially rented our home we were required to put down a $2000 non-refundable pet deposit. In the second year, the landlord asked for an additional $995 non-refundable pet deposit. My question is this, was it legal for her to demand this second deposit or can I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.