Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DDP021 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:11 PM
    3" plastic Fitting
    Hello, I had posted earlier regarding connecting existing 3" copper drain pipe to new 3" plastic... I appreciate the reply... I have a new question... In speaking with my father, he has an existing "Double Tee" copper fitting... It basically has three 3" openings and on the top side, there is a 3" opening for the drain coming from the bathroon... Also on the top side is a 1 1/2" inch where the vent pipe connects into. Does anyone know if they make such a connector in plastic?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 01:58 PM

Fernco makes every imaginable fitting to fit any pipe, any configuration, any size. Explore their product line at:

Fernco Couplings, Flexible Couplings, Flexible Pipe Connectors, Fernco Fitting, Shielded Couplings, Fernco Donut, Pro-Flex Coupling, Large Diameter Couplings, Sewer, Drain, Waste, Plumbing Flexible Couplings, Plumbing Pipe Leak Repair | Fernco
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Hi DDP021:

Are you talking about a fitting that looks similar to the fitting below (or the vent is more to the side on one of the 3" branches)?

If so, then they make this fitting and other fittings similar to it in PVC...but usually a special order at a local pumbing supply house.

They will NOT make this fitting in a flexible fernco fitting as Milo suggested above... and if they did I wouldn't recommend using it as it would be illegal connection 4 ways... :)

Let us know more...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for info about plastic building "disk" toy from 1960s [ 5 Answers ]

When I was a kid in the 1960s my parents got me a building set that consisted of different color plastic disks about the size of a quarter. The disk had 8 notches cut in them and a small hole in the center. Using the notches you could connect the disks and make just about anything. I'm not...

Compression copper fitting to plastic pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hi is it possible to fit copper compression fittings to plastic pipe. If so how please

How do I "connect 1/2" copper to 1/2" flexible plastic"? Anyone? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Experts... Amateur (very amateur!! ) plumber needing some advice: Bought an old 2 1/2 storey house, and somebody ran some copper into the uninsulated side attic to feed the hot & cold water to a sink. This might not be a problem in California, but it sure is North of the border in...

50mm solvent weld, plastic pipe fitting? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to add some pipe work to what I thought must be a 50mm Solvent Weld type Tee piece. But when I measured the internal diameter of the tee piece it is actually 55mm and the 50mm pipe I have just rattles around inside. I thought that waste pipe only came in 50mm, is there such a thing as...

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

View more questions Search