Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rebecca Clary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Adobe 6.0 Pro - Can not open pdfs from the web
    We have NO technical support here where I work, and I'm relatively new to the organization. We have Adobe 6.0 pro (to create PDFs) and Adobe 7.0 Reader. When I try to open a PDF from the web, Adobe 6.0 will not open it and I get an error message. I've attached a pdf with the error string.

I would really like to be able to open these pdf's from the internet. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this problem? I have administrative rights to my computer, and have tried to update and repair the program, to no avail.

Thanks in advance you technogeniuses!

Rebecca Clary
    [email protected]
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Adobe Acrobat 6.0 errors.pdf (26.5 KB, 182 views)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 12:13 PM

Something is corrupted. I recommend reinstalling Adobe 6.0 from the original distribution disks. If that doesn't work, try completely uninstalling the program -- including the reader. Download CCleaner from

CCleaner - Home

(FileHippo.com is the faster download site)

Run the registry scan -- click on the "Registry" icon and click the "Scan for issues" button. Select all of the issues that it finds and click "Delete Selected Issues". Scan it again because sometimes fixing some problems will create other problems. Do this until you find no more problems (this will usually take no more than 3 total tries).

Once you've cleaned the registry, try reinstalling Adobe 6.0 pro. If that doesn't work, something in the operating system is undoubtedly corrupted and it may be difficult -- if not impossible -- to discover. The best solution in that case is to reinstall the operating system from scratch. Be sure and back up all of the data you wish to save before you reinstall Windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe acrobat 6 pro and adobe reader 9 in IE [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am supporting a remote user who has adobe acrobat 6 pro... and adobe reader 9. He uses adobe 6 pro to convert excel files to PDFs for invoice purposes. When when he goes to our intranet/extranet sites and clicks on PDF links IE 6 tells him that he needs to have adobe reader 8...

I can't open adobe reader [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I have been trying to open adobe reader but I can't. At each time I do so this error message appears: "Invalid plug in detected". I have the adobe 8.1.2 version and windows vista.. What am I supposed to do? I need to use adobe urgently! Thanks

I can not open Adobe Reader on desktop [ 8 Answers ]

I am unable to open the Adobe reader on Desktop nor can I open it through my e-mail. The operating system that I am using is Windows XP I believe 2000. It just seems like when I try to open a document through my e-mail in PDF form I click on the attachment and the little hour glass comes on and...

Firefox and PDFs [ 9 Answers ]

Been test driving FF about a month now. I do like the tabbed browsing but don't like the way it handles cache.. . anyway, I digress. Whenever I click on a PDF link a new page opens but it's blank and FF is telling me it's Done. Searching "pdf" in FF Help nets zero. I'm assuming it's...

Blocked PDFs [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going nuts :eek: and am hoping someone might be able to pinpoint my problem for me. My browsers won't let me look at or download PDFs. I'm thinking I must have some security setting ticked that is the problem. On Mozilla I get a blank white screen that says "This object has been blocked"...

View more questions Search