Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scotslass Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Maytag Chef oven - Bake Element
    HI

My Maytag Chef model # CER1125AAW for some reason the oven does not heat up anymore, so I checked the elements in the oven and the bottom one is not heating up, which I think is called the Bake Element

I have been trying to find one online but I do not have the part #, how can I find out the part # for this, and is it easy to replace

Thanks
    SassyVixen Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Mar 2, 2009, 10:31 AM

I just went through this with my Frigidaire electric stove - that's only about 2 years old. Look up in your local phonebook appliance parts dealers in your area. They should be able to give you the part number. If you have an owners manual - it should be in there also. It took about 5 or 6 calls, but my husband finally found a place that had the element in stock. It cost about $70 and he was able to replace it himself. And believe me - if my husband can do it - it had to be very easy (he is just not very handy with stuff like this). Good luck!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 02:53 PM

Mar 2, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Look here for your bake element part number listed under Oven/Base

Part Advantage :: Category Search

Looks like $29.91 plus ship.

NOTE before you replace that part check to be sure the oven is supplying 220/240 volts between the element power wires when the oven is turned on. OR check the element with a OHM meter or jumper with a 110 volt jump cord and see if the old element gets hot. Many times the element is not bad but the oven thermostat or other control is causing it not to work. Now if the element is burned through then it needs to be replaced. CAREFUL when testing the oven for 220/240 volt supply or testing the element with a 110 volt jumper.

Mar 2, 2009, 03:05 PM
    I have 2 elements in the oven, one up at the top and the one down at the bottom, the one up the top is working, for my broil, but the one at the bottom doesn't even get hot

Mar 2, 2009, 04:05 PM
    The bottom element is what I posted the info for. You still should do the testing I mentioned or roll the dice and replace the element and hope that is the problem.

Mar 2, 2009, 04:08 PM
    OK I will check this all out, and borrow the meters from someone thanks

Mar 2, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Easy does it with electric if you decide to work on it live like when you test for the 220/240 volts across the wires you remove from the bake element. Make sure to insulate/isloate the wires from any other metal objects except the meter probes when the power is energised.

Mar 2, 2009, 04:32 PM
    OK, I might get someone from the local DIY store who is a friend then to come and look at it

Mar 2, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Better safe than sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire bake element not working [ 1 Answers ]

My Frigidaire bake element is not working. Once I unscrew the screws holding the element in place how do I detach it from the eletrical wires?

Bake element in GE Oven Model # ZET857BB2BB [ 1 Answers ]

The bake element in the top oven of my double convection oven has ceased to work. The broil element and everything else is working fine. How do I access the bake element which, apparently, is under the floor of the oven?

Electric wall oven bake element wire [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Thinking I was on a roll after rewiring my ceiling fan I decided to replace the bake element on my kenmore electric wall oven that died the other night-how hard could it be to do? I turned off the breaker-unscrewed the element and gently pulled it out. One side had the wire attached-one did...

View more questions Search