Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boni2a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Broke up with an ex and can't move on.am finding it hard to have another relationship and I know he not good for me

What do I do?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 07:26 AM

It is not advisable to jump ahead in a relationship after one. You can still cary over the baggage w/o realisin and learning much.

You don't need to be in a relationship to heal.

You are not the first person who got heart broken.

This is normal.

Learn and always look on the good side. Keep yourself busy and be positive.

When negativities comes along,you have to beat ut by saying "Bad things happen for a better reason."
    streve Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 07:34 AM
    I agree with ylaira.

It happens time and time again where people jump into another relationship without thinking. I've done that to suppress the heartache from being broken up with. It's not fair to yourself or to the other person.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:36 AM

Yes, never be with someone new when your not over someone else because you would only wine up hurting that person and wouldn't be able to completely put and give your all to that new guy.

The first thing you need to do is to accept that the relationship with your ex is over and let go.

Your mind has a way of playing tricks on you so you might think of him and think of all the good memories you shared with him. When this happens think of something else quick.

Start making yourself busy by hanging out with friends. Go pamper yourself or buy yourself something that you always wanted. Don't listen to sad music or watch love movies. Hold your head up high and with time you will get over him.

I wish there was a magic portion to speed up the process but there isn't. Remember what don't kill you only makes you stronger. When I went through break-ups I won't listen to Arthea Franklin "I will survive" your be surprise how much stronger this song made me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break/break-up : Not sure how things are left [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing a girl for a few months, unfortunately a lot of it is long distance (as I am at Uni away from home). It seemed to go really well, could talk for hours about anything, she told me that every minute with her was perfect, I was all she wanted, and she loved me so much... etc etc. I...

We're on a break but I don't want to. I don't know weather to break up with him or not. [ 3 Answers ]

So we've been going out for 2 months, and he cheated on me once a while ago because he's been having alcohol problems and became so drunk that he doesn't remember any of the night. But they only made out because I have many many sources. And he was so sorry he cried and everything and had a huge...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

View more questions Search