Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aninalia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 01:27 AM
    How often can I use my B1B2 visa?
    Hello. I have a visa B1 B2 valid for 10 years. I have just returned from the USA, was as a turist, and I am planning to go back in summer. Will there be any problems? Or I can use it only after 180 days I came back to the country? Thank you in advance.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Mar 2, 2009, 05:01 AM

There is no set number of entries, the CBP inspections officer makes a determination based on the number of entries, how long you stayed in the US and your home country, and if you are truly coming to visit temporarily.

If you have a specific itinerary, return tickets, funds to pay for your visit and ties to your home country such as employment and family, you should be able to visit without problem.

The CBP officer may ask about working in the US, which is not allowed with a B2 visitor visa. Generally, if you are truly coming for a visit, you will meet these standards. For more information visit the USCIS and DOS websites.

If this was helpful, please rate this answer! Good luck.
    aninalia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DCcityboy View Post
    there is no set number of entries, the CBP inspections officer makes a determination based on the number of entries, how long you stayed in the US and your home country, and if you are truly coming to visit temporarily.

if you have a specific itinerary, return tickets, funds to pay for your visit and ties to your home country such as employment and family, you should be able to visit without problem.

the CBP officer may ask about working in the US, which is not allowed with a B2 visitor visa. generally, if you are truly coming for a visit, you will meet these standards. for more information visit the USCIS and DOS websites.

if this was helpful, please rate this answer! good luck.
    Thank you. You were very helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

While cancelling visa and going back to india for visa change what are things needed. [ 1 Answers ]

While cancelling visa and going back to india for visa change what are things needed

Cancellation of family visa to stamp work visa for KSA for my spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ALL, I want to know the procedure to cancel my wife's visa who is dependent on my visa in KSA. I am presently working in KSA and my wife is in India and has received a job offer from KSA. My wife has re entry visa stamped which is valid until August this year. Kindly advice. Thanks, ...

Stamping forchange my status from /B1B2 to F1 when I am in US? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a valid B1/B2 visa and In the meanwhile iapplied for change of status to F1and my F1 petition is approved but I don't know the next procedure for stamping. Can anyone guide me if I could change my status from /B1B2 to F1 when I am in US? If so what is the procedure and how long does...

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

View more questions Search