Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffjnadeau Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 07:33 AM
    AZ. Terminate Probation Early
    I was sentenced to 3 years probation for a misd charge in Arizona/Maricopa County/Scottsdale City Court.
    I was told by my probation officer that I could get off after 18 months.
    My 18 months is up and my probation officer said she would not contest.

What do I need to do?
    Forms, motions, appearances.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    J
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2006, 08:01 AM
    Hello jeff:

Wore some pink underwear, didja?? Ha ha. Me too. Spent a year living in a tent in the Arizona sun. Got a nice tan, though.

I got off probation early, too. However, I can't remember exactly how I did it. I do remember that it was nothing more than some bureaucratic stuff. Fact is, I had a lot of help from my PO. If your PO doesn't know what to do, her supervisor will.

excon

PS> Joe Arpio can kiss my ***
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Need to have your attorney file a motion before the court. Your probation officer could do it but in Phoenix I doubt that will happen. Have your lawyer do it!
    denise1070 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2006, 08:46 AM
    In the State of West Virginia, the probation officer types up an order for early release order and has the judge sign it. All you have to do is ask you PO if you can still be released early, provided all your court costs/restitution has been paid and you haven't violated any of the terms and conditions of your probation
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 30, 2006, 10:02 AM
    Do you have a public defender?
    Mi0dr4g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 08:50 PM
    I was sentenced with a Class C Felony for "Criminal" Solicitation of Marijuana on 5/12/2008. Long story short, I helped two aquaintances find a dub and they were wearing wires to get their misdemeanor dropped for getting caught smoking ganj a couple months prior. Anyway, I completed probation early for good behavior and recently checked my court record online and saw the motion to terminate probation AND order... what does the order part mean? Is my felony expunged or something?
    lady phoenix Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 14, 2012, 01:38 AM
    HI, II got off early as well.I did all that my P.O. asked,made payments to her every time I saw her.and followed her instuctions to a T. or did my whole hearted best,when I lost my current job do to end of fundraising campaign, got evicted and I my health was visibly failing me( even in sobrity) I washed car windows in parking lots down in south side Phoenix ,I went to people when they parked and told them that I wanted to make some honest money(very, very important),that I wanted to work for it then asked them if I could do there windows and merriors on the car for a buck or even some change,when my day of the m onth came to go see her I would show up with a money order, very worried because it was short,and I handed it to her trying not to feel ashamed as she asked me why my knuckles where busted up and my hands where chapped,red andbeat up. When I admitted to her that it came from washing windows of cars,and it happened as part of earning the money for the money order that I had for her,her reply to me was... What you bring to me now is worth 5 times what others bring... at this point... Probation should not be such a big part of your life,I will put in for your early terminatoin,, I will see that nothing gets in the way.. tHANK YOUTO My probation officer,you Know who you are and I am by my story... MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AND KEEP YOU!. experianced and written by.. LADY PHOENIX

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early probation termination [ 15 Answers ]

When you go in front of the judge to terminate probation early, what questions does he/she ask? What % of people get granted versus denied? Are there any negatives to trying? What if not granted, can you try again? How long? Thanks

Terminate parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

My son who is 15, used to live with me and my wife. I had physical custody. He became violent and disruptive and very hard to handle. My exwife moved him in with her for a while, but he also got into trouble there. To make a long story short,he now lives with my ex brother in law and he now has...

Notice To Terminate [ 7 Answers ]

I'm new to this fourm so I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right thread. If not if someone can redirect me that would be great. We are in a house that we have been renting. It started as a buy. The escrow was for 90 days and the owners were renting the house to us until the escrow closed....

Early Probation Termination [ 7 Answers ]

The condition of my probation state that the court may at any time modify the conditions of my probation, under certain circustances, extend or terminate probation early for exemplary performance. Does any one know how to go about asking the courts to consider early termination.

View more questions Search