Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vwsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Insert a disk lnto drive d:
    When I put a proven dvd into my laptop it I get the message Please insert a disk lnto drive d::confused:
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Mar 1, 2009, 03:36 PM

It means that this DVD drive cannot read this particular disk. It does not mean that your DVD drive is bad. It simply means that there are tolerance differences between the drive that was used to record this DVD & your DVD drive. This typically appears with DVD/RW drives used to create the disk. There is probably nothing wrong with your PC. The problem is the media it is trying to read. The general rule with RW media is to use it only on the PC that created it.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 04:55 PM

Have you tried other discs in drive also, DVD, CD, Music, Data...

See if it is only this one that has problem

Make sure not scratched or smudged
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 01:29 AM
    First get another DVD, CD and check it whether it is working or not. This time get a new DVD or CD. It happen sometimes that some disk not burned properly or damage the media.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please insert a disk into drive D: [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I keep getting 'Please insert a disk into drive D' when I've inserted the disk already and try to open my it? Will I ever be able to view the contents ever again?:mad:

Insert a disk into drive D [ 25 Answers ]

I recently purchaced a computer game called the Sims 2 Double Deluxe. I put the disk into the top drive (D). The game instructions said that it should lead you to the Autorun menu and then you can continue with the installation. However that menu did not come up. I then did what it told me to...

Please insert disk into drive A [ 7 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

Please insert a disk into Drive D [ 4 Answers ]

My DVD+-R/RW drives do not recognize any Disks. I have tried these drives in anoher computer and They work fine. I keep getting the "Please insert a disk into drive D:," error when I use them in this Computer. I have already tried using differnet disks. Last time I remember burning a DVD...

View more questions Search