Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Aug 23, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Headship!
    Judgment day came and God sent the women with Peter, then he told the men to form two lines. One line for those who allowed their wives to dominate them and the other line for those who took their headship serious. The men all took their place in one of the two lines. The line for the men whose wives dominated them, streched around the earth. Their was only one man on the line for those who took their headship serious.

God then said: "I am so disapointed with you me, I gave you headship and look at what you did. You all disobeyed me." Then he turned to the one man standing on the other line and said: "Look at this man. Learn from him, he has set a fine example." Turning to the one man on the other line by himself, God asked: "Tell these other men how you were able to set a fine example and to be on the right line." The man turned to God and said: "I really don't know, I just know my wife told me to stand here."

Take care,
    Hope12
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2006, 05:19 AM
    This post makes me sad.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
    It doesn't make me sad. I know it is just propaganda. Bull****! If you haven't noticed, if a man stands up and defends himself and fights, he goes to jail. The judge tells him, "you should have called the police. If you have any sort of problem at all, the courts must take care of it for you. A man cannot do anything without a license. You cannot live off the land by hunting and growing your own food anymore. They have taken your manhood. You will work, buy and die. All the time telling everyone you are a "FREE MAN". It is all crap and the original post is part of the crap. Work buy and die. If you seem to be "henpecked", then that is the only way you can appease your wife without fighting and just being that much more misreble. It is all in the choices you make. Work, buy, die. Claude Dallas, where are you?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 28, 2006, 05:01 PM
    Perhaps it needs to be moved to the humor section? At least that way nobody takes it seriously. Or we can start a new thread about male-bashing and how that exemplies a kind of spiritual intolerance :eek:

If it makes any difference here, I routinely confront my female friends in their almost automatic male bashing (ugh) and its apparently making an effect. One is totally pissed off at me and two others aren't speaking to me anymore LOL. Cie la vie.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Thank you Val, but this doesn't even belong in the humor section. There is nothing humorous about it. I do not like jokes about GOD or minorities. You know, White American Males?
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 28, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Magprob, my husband would agree with you. He too says he is a minority, working, white, male.

To be honest I have heard this "joke" before. I really didn't realize there were that many women out there who bash men. Please remember I am at home most of the time with my children.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Aug 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12
    Judgment day came and God sent the women with Peter, then he told the men to form two lines. One line for those who allowed their wives to dominate them and the other line for those who took their headship serious. The men all took their place in one of the two lines. The line for the men whose wives dominated them, streched around the earth. Their was only one man on the line for those who took their headship serious.

God then said: "I am so disapointed with you me, I gave you headship and look at what you did. You all disobeyed me." Then he turned to the one man standing on the other line and said: "Look at this man. Learn from him, he has set a fine example." Turning to the one man on the other line by himself, God asked: "Tell these other men how you were able to set a fine example and to be on the right line." The man turned to God and said: "I really don't know, I just know my wife told me to stand here."

Take care,
    Hope12

Nice use of hyperbole!
    I had a good laugh the surprise ending.
    You are right, we as men should definitely take our assigned headship more seriously. But as you know, and as another poster pointed out, that's more easily said than done. Especially if the headship is opposed by a very determined wife who disagrees with the arrangement. So it's not so much that men enjoy being docile or purposefully want to neglect their headship. It's that to have some measure of peace at home they give up a losing battle.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2006, 03:22 AM
    Hi Starman,

I have a couple of questions.

1. Are you in any way affiliated with the Promise Keepers? I only mention it because your words sound very much like their rhetoric.

2. Have you ever had a manager/supervisor that was a woman? Should women be in positions of power in the workplace?

TIA,

NK
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Hmmmm... I find these posts strange. I actually kind of chuckled a little over this... I mean, God, minorities, male/female whatever... its just a joke.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Aug 29, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Yes, it is a little humorous because personally I can't stand when one partner dominates the other. That's what this reminds me of.

Aug 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Nice use of hyperbole!
    I had a good laugh the surprise ending.
    You are right, we as men should definitely take our assigned headship more seriously. But as you know, and as another poster pointed out, that's more easily said than done. Especially if the headship is opposed by a very determined wife who disagrees with the arrangement. So it's not so much that men enjoy being docile or purposefully want to neglect their headship. It's that to have some measure of peace at home they give up a losing battle.

I agree 100% and that is the whole point of this joke.
    Thanks for your reply,
    Hope12

Aug 22, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    Yes, it is a little humorous b/c personally I can't stand when one partner dominates the other. That's what this reminds me of.

You got the point of the post, thank you. Hope12

Aug 22, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Hmmmm.... I find these posts strange. I actually kinda chuckled a little over this... I mean, God, minorities, male/female whatever... its just a joke.
    Yes, it was meant as a joke and how dominate women can be. Thanks Hope12

Aug 22, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Hey you guys really take life too serious. It was meant as a joke, nothing more, nothing less. Lighten up! Hope12
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Pipe down woman.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
    If it was a joke put it in the humor section!!
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Dec 9, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I enjoy the headship of my husband. I have comfort in knowing that he is the bearer of the major responsibility. We discuss most things, but there are something's that it's comforting to know he will shoulder the load for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search