Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kishorekumar Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Editor in linux
    Hi,
    Our company shifted from windows to linux recently. And I don't know anything about linux. I am a java developer. I want a free Editor (like ultraedit, notepad++ in windows), so that I can open more no of files (say 160) and which have options like replace in all files, or in a folder etc. I have tried but I didn't get. I downloaded an installation file jEdit4.3pre6install.jar, but I wonder how to install it? Up to now I know only .exe files.
    Please help me.

- Thank you
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Aug 23, 2006, 05:20 AM
    There are several but most hard core developers I know like to use Emacs or XEmacs. It is more than an editor. It is practically a development environment.

I personally only use Vim and it meets all of my needs. You can also look here for some more editors: http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/...jects/Editors/
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2006, 06:00 AM
    I'm also a Java developer. If you want a good Java IDE on Linux, look no further than Eclipse - http://www.eclipse.org/. It's a great, free IDE. Lots of companies use it (including mine) and it is a truly awesome tool.
    kishorekumar Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Hi LTheobald, We use IntellijIdea. I want an Editor like UltraEdit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay Literary Agent's editor for many rewrites? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... a friend of mine sent his manuscript to a literary agent. This agent wants to send the manuscript to THEIR EDITORS who will let them know if the manuscript needs SUBSTANTIAL RE-WRITES.(YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM $80)... If the manuscript needs substantial re-writes, the author pays for it...

Small video editor but... [ 2 Answers ]

... with good collection of transition effects. Can anyone suggest something? Thank you!

Visual Basic 6.3 Editor [ 0 Answers ]

With WinXp, Office XP, Publisher XP, Front Page 2003, is it possible to access VB63Editor outside of office rather than clicking the icon from with Publisher. I already know about Script Editor but I want to run VB as a stand-alone.

Lps To Cds With Nero Wave Editor Or Other Program [ 2 Answers ]

Hi; I would like to pass my lps and tapes to cds, I read that I can use Nero wave editor V 1.0 for this, but I don't know how to do it. Or is there a easier way to do it with other program? By the way I have nero, clonecd, alcohol 120% too, if any of these are good for? Thank you

Math symbol text editor [ 1 Answers ]

Where on the internet can I find a free, non-shareware Math symbol text editor? By non-shareware, I mean that It will not stop working after 30 days and require payment to get codes to unlock the program.

View more questions Search