Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Conversion rails for crib
    Does anyone know of a good set of bed rails for a convertible crib? The crib I bought for my son says it converts from a crib, to a toddler bed, a daybed, and finally to a full size bed. My son is almost 2 and we're ready to convert to a toddler bed. The toddler conversion is basically removing the front drop side of the crib which leaves the one side completely open! The mattress will be too high for me to feel comfortable with him sleeping there with no side rails to prevent him from falling out.

Convertible cribs don't always work well with the generic rail sets so does anyone know of a set that will work well with this type of crib? (It's a Delta Martine 4-in-1 Crib)
    Attached Images

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 10:34 AM

I went to a medical supply store and bought a half-rail such as is used for an elderly person's bed. The top half of the bed had a protective rail, and the bottom half was open for getting in and out.
    _________
    [__[__[__[_________]

The rail I bought had extensions that slid under the mattress.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 06:06 PM

I ended up finding one that is specifically for use with a convertible crib. It's the perfect size; keeps him from falling out but allows him room on both ends to get in and out of the bed. It works similarly to the one you mentioned Wondergirl, but it's the exact size that I needed. :)
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 14, 2009, 06:09 PM

Your missing a piece...
    It looks like the top/back piece that will be used as a head board. In crib form it sits below the front that drops down and its upside down. To convert you take it of and flip it to match the back piece then re attach...

Let me show you... be right back with pic.

May 14, 2009, 06:20 PM
    I removed front drop rail and flipped piece shown in pic.
    Attached Images

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2009, 06:32 PM

Good call Krazi. I had to spread the rep, so I can't give you a greenie. Sorry.

Will a hug suffice? ;)
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazi View Post
    your missing a piece....
    it looks like the top/back piece that will be used as a head board. In crib form it sits below the front that drops down and its upside down. To convert you take it of and flip it to match the back piece then re attach...

let me show you....be right back with pic.
    Thanks Krazi but I have all the pieces. It was brand-new in the box when I purchased it.

I read the instructions carefully and they say to remove the front railing- it won't connect by flipping it upside down. I checked and went to several sites to make sure I was doing it right. I found out (too late) that many other parents had the same qualms with this particular crib- that the front side is just open and the child could fall out.

May 14, 2009, 06:38 PM

Can you post an actual pic of your crib... I like to take a peek at it.
    Or tell me the model number/name of crib.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 06:40 PM

It's the exact crib pictured here. I listed the model in the original post. Mine is exactly like this one. Those are all the parts. It's not made like yours.

May 14, 2009, 06:56 PM

Sorry but as far as I can tell the store/person who sold you this model/crib duped you. This crib should have never been sold. [ my personal opinion]
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 07:11 PM
    sorry but as far as i can tell the store/person who sold you this model/crib duped you. this crib should have never been sold. [ my personal opinion]
    While looking for help with mine I saw that a lot of different brands have this issue. That would explain the need for rails made especially for convertible cribs.
    No biggie, the problem has been solved. That is why I reposted, not to be told that I had been "duped".

May 15, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    While looking for help with mine I saw that a lot of different brands have this issue. That would explain the need for rails made especially for convertible cribs.
    No biggie, the problem has been solved. That is why I reposted, not to be told that I had been "duped".
    Sorry I meant no disrespect.
    The company and or person who sold it to you knew of the issue and took full advantage of you, I just wish you could get a little pay back with those people.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 07:58 AM
    sorry I meant no disrespect.
    The company and or person who sold it to you knew of the issue and took full advantage of you, i just wish you could get a little pay back with those ppl.
    None taken. We're cool Krazi.

I've just found that many so-called "conversion cribs" have this problem. It was purchased at a major retailer and is a major brand. I just think many have that flaw; at least according to the sites I looked up.

Thank you for trying to help me though. :)

May 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    None taken. We're cool Krazi.

I've just found that many so-called "conversion cribs" have this problem. It was purchased at a major retailer and is a major brand. I just think many have that flaw; at least according to the sites I looked up.

Thank you for trying to help me though. :)
    Your welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is an infant allowed to sleep in a crib inside the mothers room and her boyfr [ 2 Answers ]

How old does an infant to be to be moved in to there own room and not share it with a mother and her boyfriend?

Haw can I get my baby to sleep in his crib. [ 3 Answers ]

My baby is about 2 months old my error is that I let him sleep with me for more than a month. Now he will not sleep alone and he cry's every time I put him in his crib. What can I do?:confused:

When is it a good time to make the baby sleep in her own crib? [ 1 Answers ]

We have an 11 month old daughter. My wife insists that she sleep in our bed (we have a queen size). After awhile, I was losing sleep because the baby would inch her way over to sleep next to me. As sweet as that sounds, I could not roll over. I already sleep on the edge of the bed as is. I...

Iron baby crib [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know where to purchase the iron baby crib pictured in the website: www.linens4you.net/servlet/the-2000/dream-with-me-crib/detail -it is iron with star finials. Thanks, julie92563

Getting my son out of my bed into his crib [ 4 Answers ]

OK my son is 3 months and he sleeps with me, and I want to get him into his crib, but for him to even fall asleep I have to rock him with music playing off my phone right next to his ear. Now my question is how can I put him in his crib and him fall asleep on his own and actually sleep in the crib?

View more questions Search