Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gangie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 09:03 PM
    String stuck in ceiling fan?
    My son's balloon got caught up in the ceiling fan. After the balloon was remove there is still some string left, but its too short to turn/twist to get out. I'm afraid if I turn it on it might break the fan or worst, the friction might start a spark. How do I get it out? Call an electrical or someone who specializes in fixing fans?:confused:
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
    U m you might want too. But does your fane ave reverse? Sometimes if you maually trun the fan the opposite way as it got itself wraped sometimes it will un wrap itself... if that does not work do not turn on your fan and call a pro. Ar have a freidn who is a n electritian come. The last thing you want to do is take a chance of it breaking or sparlking.

Aug 22, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Also sometimes you can try tweezers...
    gangie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 09:18 PM
    Thanks for your advice. The fan does have a reverse, so I will call a pro.

Aug 23, 2006, 03:45 PM
    Did the pro help you did you try the stweezers?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2006, 04:34 PM
    What make/model fan is it, and where is the string stuck? There aren't really any pros for this, other than me :) but you can fix it yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan string pulled out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I went to turn on my 1 yr old ceiling fan and the string just pulled right out. Now my fan is stuck in the high mode... is there anything I can do to easily remedy this? I cannot get the fan off at all w/out this string... I can only change it's direction. I am NOT very handy at all, so...

String trimmer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove the cover to replace the string on a Weed Eater Featherlite? I just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Problem in compare string [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to compare a existing with other string retriving from databse , Its not get into the if statement even there is a data retrive same as existing one... Dim epf_no As String Dim epf_no_frmdb As String epf_no = "1022" Adodc2.Refresh With Adodc2.Recordset

Ceiling Fan Pull String 3-speed Switch [ 1 Answers ]

What if someone by mistake wrongly connect the load on the switch (L) to one of the other wires (yellow, red, green)? Can this (cross wiring or mixing) cause (cross-wire) damage to the motor? Please help. I need this help urgently.

Ceiling Fan and String [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old threw a ball of string over the ceiling fan while I wasn't looking and it wrapped around the fan and caused it to come to a grinding halt. I am a newbie and would like to take the fan apart but don't know if there is an easy way to get the string out. Ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay. ...

View more questions Search