Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulaspeak2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Soft Tissue loss
    Can HRT slow down or prevent soft tissue loss?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 06:03 AM

Sorry but I don't put much faith in hormone replacement therapy. It will not prevent soft tissue loss. If you are referring to facial, then no, once the aging process starts, it continues. Topical ointments do replace lost moisture and appear to 'puff up' the skin to reduce wrinkes, but that is all you can do.

Genetics has a lot to do with your skin as well.

I took HRT many years ago because my doctor told me that it was a wonder drug, I was premenopausal and had noticed changes occurring. He said I would feel just wonderful. At the time experiments and study were still ongoing until they found that HRT was a major cause of heart disease in women. Menopause is menopause, how we take care of ourselves during that time has a lot do with the outcome when we are 65 or 70. Fortunately genetics is saving me the expense of buying a lot of topical ointments and my skin is really quite good.

The following is a website explaining the pros and cons of HRT.

It's Your Health - Benefits and Risks of Hormone Replacement Therapy (Estrogen with or without Progestin)
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2009, 10:05 AM

HRT has too many side effects on the liver, uterus, breasts and ovaries.

Herbal supplements like Aloe juice / Noni juice work just as well in preventing loss of soft tissue.
    They have the advantage of being safe and without side-effects!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tissue discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I had a baby about four months ago, and I have never been on birth control until recently. I've been on it for a month. I'm on my first day of my period and my pad had a long skin like tissue not so much blood on it but thick and long tissue. What should I do?

What is the difference of chemistry in diet soft drink and regular soft drinks [ 1 Answers ]

We have to make a vidoe of this for school and we are stuck. What is the difference of chemistry in diet soft drink and regular soft drinks?

Scar tissue? [ 2 Answers ]

I had Callie spayed about a month and a half ago. Her incision seemed to be healing really well. I watched for puss and redness everyday. After a month went by I slacked off a bit and when I looked at it today and it is extremely puffy, raised, red, and hard. I think it's probably scar tissue but...

View more questions Search