Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Fav Holiday Destination
    Ok all,

Never started a thread like this and it has probably been done but just thought id ask.

What is everyone's favourite holiday destination in the world.

Ill start.

Im from oz and it is long way to the travel anywhere but I've been lucky enough to do a bit. Mainly Europe and Asia.

Id have to say my favourite places / cities in the world so far would be

1) Ireland - everywhere in this beautiful country. From Dublin to the little country towns. Friendliest people I have come across (other than us aussies lol)

2) London - what an amazing City.

3) Edinburgh, Scotland - the castle overlooking the city makes this one of the most beautiful places to see. Plus the scotts dry sense of humour.

4) Phuket, Thailand - I went prior to the Tsunami and it was a great experience. I would love to go back now and help their tourism again as they are such good people.

5) Tonga - was lucky enough to go here and welcome in the new millennium with my ex who has some Tongan heritage. What a beautiful part of the world. The Friendly Isles as they call it.

I have just stuck to destinations outside of australia but feel free to posyt if you have only holidayed in your own country. I would love to hear about places I may want to see in the future..

Of course here in oz we have so many great places. Sydney has one of the most beautiful harbours in the world and is a great city and we have IMO the some of the greatest beaches the world has to offer.

Plus the Great Barrier Reef which is simply a must see.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 22, 2006, 05:40 PM
    My favorite vacation destinations are as follows:

1. In front of my computer

2. On the couch, In front of the TV

3. My bed (I use it for sleeping, but sometimes it doubles as a comfy fort:D)
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    My favorite vacation destinations are as follows:

1. In front of my computer

2. On the couch, In front of the TV

3. My bed (I use it for sleeping, but sometimes it doubles as a comfy fort:D)
    Lol.
    So you must lead a pretty exciting life when your not on vacation?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
    I am not allowed to travel. With all of the problems getting through security, I showed up naked. Thought it would make things go more quick. Now I am banned from every airport in the US. Therefore, my favorite vacation desination is my back yard. It looks like a jungle so I have installed a water fall and some vines to swing around on. Anyone know where I can get a monkey and a hippopotamus cheap? I already have a goat but it just doesn't provide the right atmosphere. I actually thought there was already a monkey living back there cause I found 5 or 7 banana peels. Turned out to be a homeless guy that was boosting fruit from the market. I rubbed shoe polish all over him and renamed him Friday. Well, that's about it. I got to go. I hear Friday screaming bloody murder. Must be the new snakes.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I am not allowed to travel. With all of the problems getting through security, I showed up naked. Thought it would make things go quicker. Now I am banned from every airport in the US. Therefore, my favorite vacation desination is my back yard. It looks like a jungle so I have installed a water fall and some vines to swing around on. Anyone know where I can get a monkey and a hippopotamus cheap? I already have a goat but it just doesn't provide the right atmosphere. I actually thought there was already a monkey living back there cause I found 5 or 7 banana peels. Turned out to be a homeless guy that was boosting fruit from the market. I rubbed shoe polish all over him and renamed him Friday. Well, thats about it. I gotta go. I hear Friday screaming bloody murder. Must be the new snakes.
    Haha
    So the air ports banned you after seeing your 'weapon of mass destruction' hey? Fair enough!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2006, 12:30 AM
    Skell, you are so funny!

Well, my fav destination would be :-

America :D
    Australia
    Thailand
    Gao
    Maldives.

I agree with Skell about London... great city, besides I lived in england for 6 years.

Places I've been to that I liked where :-

No. 1 - The Netherlands, Amsterdam
    No. 2 - Italy, Rome
    No. 3 - France, Paris
    No. 4 - Sicily, Palermo, Catania and last but not least bueatiful Taormina.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Skell, I have never really been anywhere, but I do look forward to going someday. I would love to go and explore Europe for months and months and months. I would love to go everywhere actually. For now I will have to discover the world through the internet.

BTW. Has anyone ever tried GoogleEarth? They have great shots of the earth. I went down into the Grand Canyon. I saw the Eiffle Tower, I love going to look on there. I even saw our house close enough that I could tell there was a truck parked in front of it. Sad, that's how I've been travelling. LOL.

Good thread Skell
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Yeah Aqua loved Europe. There is still so much that I want to go back there and see.

That list was so hard for me to make because I have been lucky enough to travel a bit.

As krs said Rome is unbelievable. That would go on there as well. Venice is a must see as well.

But one day id like to see some of the less popular tourist cities too I suppose. You see a lot more of that countries true culture in these places.

And I have had a fiddle with Google earht. It is great fun! Did you know you can find a floating car somewhere in perth, australia. They can't explain it!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
    I loved Alaska, but it was not a holiday for me, it was a life.

I have never been anywhere where I have not lived!!
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 23, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Skell, I am going to have to check out this floating car. It sounds interesting.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2006, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    Skell, I have never really been anywhere, but I do look forward to going someday. I would love to go and explore Europe for months and months and months. I would love to go everywhere actually. For now I will have to discover the world through the internet.

BTW. Has anyone ever tried GoogleEarth? They have great shots of the earth. I went down into the Grand Canyon. I saw the Eiffle Tower, I love going to look on there. I even saw our house close enough that I could tell there was a truck parked infront of it. Sad, that's how I've been travelling. LOL.

Good thread Skell

I can guide you through Europe :)
    Seeing as I'm european ;)

Yes I've used googleEarth a few times, it very handy and useful.
    I went up on the Eifeel Tower, twice, quite impressive actually, but I preferred Amsterdam, Rome and London to Paris.
    Most people may disagree. Its very nice and romantic don't get me wrong but I feel in love with amsterdam and rome.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2006, 07:42 AM
    When I go to Amsterdam, I usually get lost in the Milkyway. The last time I think I was there for 3 days but I have no real way of knowing! Anyone that has been there knows what I am talking about! I want to go back and see Anne Frank's house just one more time though. I find it to be a bittersweet, haunting experience. It is so easy to connect with her across time and space. Yes, I agree, Amsterdam is my favorite destination in Europe.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2006, 07:47 AM
    I had a chance to do the backpacking thing through Europe right after university. My favorite places were Florence and Greece, esp the islands.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2006, 12:02 AM
    What about the Maltese Islands?
    Anyone been there? :)
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2006, 04:12 AM
    Off the coast of Sicily?
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2006, 04:13 AM
    Certainly is, yes.
    Have you been?
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2006, 04:14 AM
    No. I got down as far as Brindisi to take the ferry to Corfu(Kerkyra).
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2006, 04:16 AM
    Ahhh that's a shame! Quite a remarkable island, lots of history and places of interest, great summer destination.

Even Sicily is quite an amazing place too. Been there loads actually its only a half hour flight, great for food and shopping and my fav place there was Mount etna and Taormina... bueatiful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting holiday gifts for persons of other religions [ 9 Answers ]

Okay I know I have made fun of them but I have An aunt, uncle, and three cousins who are Jehovas witnesses. I know they don't celebrate santa and all that stuff. Isn't there some way I can get something for them that won't offend or start a war?

Destination file is write protected [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to install a program and I'm getting this error message Warning - Can not copy file D:\temp\SETUP1.EX_ since the destination file is write protected I click Ok then another message appear Invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue Then Setup wasn't complete...

View more questions Search