Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 11:23 AM

I misunderstood the direction of the conversation.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    I misunderstood the direction of the conversation.
    Not really. We're just asking for a bit more of your input. At least, I would like to know what you think "natural" theology, as Akoue describes it, has to say about the Creator.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 12:31 PM

I have no insights, really.

If I were a humanities kind of person used to drawing conclusions about the character of an artist based on their work, I might have better insights. The other thing I'm thinking is that it's one thing to look at two sculptures and say, this artist is more realistic and this one is more abstract, this one more romantic and that one more intellectual. But in that case you are comparing two things and you have context, including knowing what people are like generally. In the case of God, there's no other Creator to compare Him too.

So I can say He likes planets and beetles, but someone else might argue, compared to what? Maybe compared to some other Creator, he really short shrifted Earth in the beetle department. Maybe he doesn't like beetles but you have to have a certain minimum number or the ecology of the planet doesn't work.
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    I have no insights, really.

If I were a humanities kind of person used to drawing conclusions about the character of an artist based on their work, I might have better insights. The other thing I'm thinking is that it's one thing to look at two sculptures and say, this artist is more realistic and this one is more abstract, this one more romantic and that one more intellectual. But in that case you are comparing two things and you have context, including knowing what people are like generally. In the case of God, there's no other Creator to compare Him too.

So I can say He likes planets and beetles, but someone else might argue, compared to what? Maybe compared to some other Creator, he really short shrifted Earth in the beetle department. Maybe he doesn't like beetles but you have to have a certain minimum number or the ecology of the planet doesn't work.
    I like the way you put this. I think you just helped me better to appreciate my own reservations about natural theology. Thanks for that.
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Mar 5, 2009, 12:44 PM

The plan of redemption started after Adam and Eve sinned. God wants to redeem people. He made us to have fellowship with Him. Remember, God destroyed the creation and all living beings during the flood except for Noah, his family and 2 of every living thing.
    All animals were created for our use and enjoyment, and we have dominion over them.
    The process took so long for Christ to come as a baby because of human nature and our sin. Look back in the old testament and all the mistakes even the chosen ones made. I am so thankful God doen't hold me accountable for my sins because of Christ, my asking forgiveness every time I sin. He remembers them no more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 01:55 PM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Strawman Redemption [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, How does one go about redeeming his strawman? Does anyone have the details on how to capture him by recording it's name through your Secretary of State. What exactly does this accomplish? Ar there any good sites someone can refer me to that provide detailed info. On how to maneuver...

B&W Coupon Redemption [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a collector interested in buying about 3,000 coupons?

E-rewards redemption [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how the e-rewards for on-line surveys works ? I am retired by a disability and take a lot of these surveys. I have nearly $ 100 in e-rewards accumulated, but have no clue as to how to redeem these and what I can get. I know Borders is affiliated and Omaha Steaks. I really like to...

View more questions Search