Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aznpuppyluver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Causes and Effects of Obesity
    Hello! I am doing a brochure on Obesity. On one of the panels, I have to include information about the causes and effects of Obesity. Will you please find me some information on that? THANKS SO MUCH!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 03:49 PM

This is available from a website, but the information is quite clear and available to anyone:

Causes of obesity

Genetics and medical
    It means some people are predisposed to storing fat and gaining weight. The medical community are currently researching responsible genes and finding ways to developing treatment. Another reason of obesity is illness or disorder that affects our metabolism – the most widespread is hypothyroidism.

Environment and life style
    This is a main trigger to emersion of excess weight and obesity. The way modern people are living, especially in cities - serious lack of physical activity, stress and domination of high calorie cheap food in our diet.
    Effects of obesity

According to official data, obesity takes away approximately 300000 lives in the USA every year. RAND corporation concluded that obesity damages our health more than alcohol, smoking and poverty. Obesity is a reason to serious health conditions, such as:

* High blood pressure
    * Cardiovascular disease
    * Heart disease
    * Stroke
    * Type 2 diabetes
    * Gallbladder disease
    * Cancer of different body organs
    * Osteoarthritis and disability
    * Sleep apnea and others

Obesity can heavily affect the state of our muscles and bones, heart and lung. The researches include over 30 medical conditions that relate to obesity. Excess weight can also aggravate most of overall health problems
    MickeyS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 07:47 AM

You can get the complete information about causes and effects of obesity here - Causes and Effects of Obesity | Body Fitness Health

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morbid Obesity A Disability? [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings All, Does anyone know if Morbid Obesity is considered a disability? I am morbidly obese and my wife is very concerned for my health and says that I should apply for Disability. I am currently working (barely) and I know in order to qualify I can not be working. I know the process can...

Obesity rate by state [ 1 Answers ]

What are the obesity rates by state?

Obesity [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14, 5ft.5in. And I weigh around 220 lbs. how do I lose weight to fit my schedule?:confused:

Is obesity a genetic factors? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask if obesity a genetic factor? My sister has been overweight almost all of her life, and now her sixteen year old daughter is facing this too. Though she has just started putting on weight during her summer vacations, but now we all are worried. I have heard of Diet Pills which help to...

View more questions Search