Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmonsteruk1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Thermostatic shower ony works when I turn on an off the bath mixer tap?
    I changed a like for like thermostatic shower which is powered by a pump. However when I switch on the new shower the pump does not kick in, unless I turn on and off either the bath or basin taps?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
    KmonsterUK1...

Is this a power shower? If so, we are not familiar with power showers over here.. YET!

They are beginning to gain notice and some people have started to install them, but it will take some time until we can advise here.

Let me know if I am on the right track.. ok?

MARK

Mar 1, 2009, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    KmonsterUK1...

Is this a power shower? If so, we are not familiar with power showers over here..YET!

They are beginning to gain notice and some people have started to install them, but it will take some time until we can advise here.

Let me know if I am on the right track..ok?

MARK
    Hi Mark

This set up is a s follows:

From the hot and cold supply pipes to the bath, there are 15mm tees which branch off to a shower pump. This pump then pumps the water up to a thermostatic mixer/blender valve.

All I did was switch the thermostatic mixer valve over but when I now turn this on it does not kick the pump in. Unless I turn one of the bath taps on.

Here is a link to the shower I brought

Swirl Thermostatic Mixer Shower - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Hi K...

YUP! Sorry... I have never installed anything like these...

Anything I offered would only be a guess. Guessing will not fix this... ;)

See if anyone else here wants to guess, but overall you may need to call in an experienced plumber over there to figure this one out.

MARK

Mar 1, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi K....

YUP! Sorry...I have never installed anything like these...

Anything I offered would only be a guess. Guessing will not fix this...;)

See if anyone else here wants to guess, but overall you may need to call in an experienced plumber over there to figure this one out.

MARK
    Cheers for your help Mark and thanks for being honest. I installed the same shower two weeks back with no problems, just don't know what the problem with this one is.

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water from thermostatic mixer shower. Hot water coming from all other taps. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday out of the blue my mixer shower went cold. All the other taps in the house have hot water and the boiler seems fine. The hot pipe leading to the shower is still hot it just doesn't seem to be coming through. This is the shower I've got.. Homebase - Make a House a Home Any...

Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is...

Mixer shower [ 11 Answers ]

Just replaced the head on a fixed head shower,put the new head on and turned the shower on,nothing coming out of shower,floor covered in water,where have I gone wrong?:confused:

View more questions Search