Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wibblee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Contact cement won't adhere
    I built a kitchen countertop about a month ago and had no problem whatsoever with the contact cement/laminate procedure. I decided to build a matching island/peninsula and am now finding that the contact cement will not adhere at all. I've followed the recommended times for drying but it just won't stick. The only difference between the two projects is that with the kitchen countertop, I did it indoors and with the peninsula, I'm doing it in the garage. Could the warmer weather in the garage affect the drying time/failure to adhere?

Thanks!
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Aug 22, 2006, 03:06 PM
    I've never had a problem applying laminate outdoors. Actually speeds up the drying time.
    Don't know why it won't stick. Stupid question, you are applying it to the countertop and the laminate correct?

Aug 22, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Yup... doing everything the same (applying as directed). I have a sneaking suspicion that it was actually the contact cement itself (could it go bad in a month?? ). I picked up a fresh can and it's drying right now... I'll jump back and let you know if that was the case.

If it makes any difference, I was storing the can in my FL room which gets pretty hot and gross. Maybe the temperature screwed it up? Maybe I'm losing my mind...

Carol

Aug 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Turns out it WAS the contact cement itself. Workin' like a charm now.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Aug 22, 2006, 08:03 PM
    Glad it worked out. Hope I didn't insult you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I contact him again? [ 15 Answers ]

How long should I wait after the breakup before I can call my ex? I haven't talked to him for about 2 months now and the last time I bumped into him, he told me he misses me, gave me hugs and was sweet to me. When we first broke up, about 4 months ago, he called me for awhile and he kept telling...

Too much contact? [ 17 Answers ]

K so I've been with my girlfriend for 3 months now, well its been official for that long but we've been seeing each other way longer than that. She moved into an apartment up school a little while ago and I've been over there a lot but I feel like I'm there too much. And when I'm there she tells me...

Need advice.. Should I try to contact her? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, I need some friendly advice. I'm sure a lot of you have had someone that was in your life at one point that you can't seem to get out of your mind. With that being said, I dated this girl about 5 years ago. We really weren't together that long.. a couple of months or so. Well, after we broke it...

Should I contact her? [ 7 Answers ]

Been broke up with the love of my life for 2 1/2 months now and I still want to be with her. The last time I saw her was in person about 1 1/2 months ago. She said she didn't ever want to see me again. Before that, she asked me if I was seeing someone and I said yes. She said she was wating for...

View more questions Search