Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KTOWERS3 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 07:27 PM
    No
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2009, 07:33 PM

That's okay. Just thought that I would ask. There are a number of us on this site who are into various kinds of artistic things and we like to share with each other about those sort of things.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Not a problem for me. What makes you an "expert"? That is something that I would never call myself. It seems to me that the journey is the process and it is never ending. I can not ever know enough to call myself an expert at anything. Let alone Art, or business, though I was in business for myself for over thirty years, quite profitably, and properly rewarded.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 08:00 PM

It is not something he calls hisself, it is a honor or position on the board that gives him certain duties.

And personally I do not want to get into this "expert" discussion, since normally it goes down hill, I am a moderator and will end this thread quickly if we get off track

Feb 28, 2009, 08:52 PM
    I apologize if I offended you. I was merely stating my feelings on calling myself an expert at anything. Truly subjective response by me.

It is an honor to receive credit from a jury of one's peers; My pursuit of my MFA is the journey, any accolades I receive along the way are artifacts of that pursuit, not what I am pursuing.

I am unfamiliar with the term moderator used in conjunction with this multilevel conversation. I gather that you control the semantics that are allowed or not allowed in this conversation, as to whether Photography is Art.

I believe it is Art, but my saying so does not make it so. The artists of the 1800's had a very real question to answer, in that art was spiritual, ethereal, and had very little utility associated with it. While photography had a real utility, it depicted routes to be taken, ethnic diversities, possible economic rewards were associated with all photographers of that time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2009, 01:35 AM

Hi again, KTOWERS3!

I too, am a moderator and have merged your three, separate posts into one. Having some sort of advanced status on this site is something that can come about with time because of the way that a person addresses questions and how peers and the administrators think about the way that a person has also answered questions.

When you started this thread, I thought about moving it to the Philosophy forum topic area of the site, but decided to leave it here. I also thought that we had resolved the debatable, and highly dependent on a person's definition, issue of photography being art or not.

As such, if you would like to post questions that are philosophical in nature, I would suggest that you do so in the Philosophy forum topic area of this site.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A-1 Photography [ 13 Answers ]

I need help with A-1 Photography

How to Get Into Pro Photography! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! Well after taking time for myself I finally decided I want to go into the field of photography I really enjoy taking photos and decided I want to make a career out of what I like to do! I take pictures with my digital cam and that's as much as I no to do lol I was wondering what I...

Car Photography. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a huge fan of cars, and I love taking pictures. Feel free to post pictures of your cars! :D

A-1 Photography [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with the General Journal in A-1 Photography what the book have for total and what I have for General Journal does not add up the boo $171,705 my total is $168,191... where am I going wrong? Thank you for your help. Lois DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS ON THIS SUBJECT OR...

View more questions Search