Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bartonkimberly1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 12:56 PM
    97 honda passport fuel system too lean mass bad air flow system
    I have a 1997 Honda Passport with the 3.2 V6 which I am trying to fix. The OBD2 is saying the fuel trim system too lean (cylinder bank 1 code # P0171) and the mass air flow system performance problem code#P0101. I am not sure what it is that is wrong. Can someone tell me where to start?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2009, 02:14 PM

Code P0171--look for a vacuum leak, prior to replacing the oxygen sensor to cylinder bank 1.

Code P0101--reset the ECM and see if the code goes away. If not, inspect for vacuum leaks downstream of the MAF sensor. A low minimum air rate through the sensor bore may cause this DTC to set at idle or during deceleration. Ensure air induction connections are tight. Look for poor electrical connections at the MASS air flow sensor. Also, look for loose air tubes, broken vacuum hoses, vacuum leaks at intake gaskets, clogged air filter and anything related to air intake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel pump system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Hyundia accent gl 1.6 4cyl. It turns but won't start. I replaced the fuel pump, but it seems its not getting any electrical juice. I test it before I installed it and it work fine. Is it a sensor or.

Fuel system for a 1997 Honda Accord [ 3 Answers ]

Where is the fuel filter located? Can I replace it myself? The car will run for a few seconds then it seems to run out of fuel. Is it the Fuel Pump?

89 Honda CRX, possible fuel system failure? [ 5 Answers ]

Today, I was in the middle lane of a four lane highway. I was stopped at an intersection. Out of nowhere my oil and battery lights flicked on. It was almost like I had killed my car (it's a manual). I know I didn't, but I tried to start it anyway. It wouldn't start. The same lights kept coming on....

03 Honda Odyssey Fuel System [ 1 Answers ]

While driving the Odyssey it acts like it's not getting fuel consistently. RPM's fluctuate and it feels sluggish. It seems to be worse at 30-45 mph. It has 69000+ miles on it. Could it be something as simple as the fuel filter or needing fuel cleaner or something more serious. This grandma is on a...

1989 honda Prelude fuel system question... [ 1 Answers ]

On a 1989 honda prelude 2.0Si, under the fuel pressure regulator there is a place for a hose to be slid on, Here's the question: where does that hose go to? Please Help! ThX, Nathan

View more questions Search