Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louised84 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 09:03 AM
    How do we change my daughters surname?
    Hi, my daughter is 2 and a half years old I was with her father (grant) until she was 4 months old but not married, he doesn't see her and now I am happy with another man and have been for a while. But grant is on my daughters birth certificate and she has grants surname, how do I change her surname when me and my partner marry?
    Thanks
    Louise
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 09:37 AM

Do you wish for him to adopt or merely just change the name.
    Is the bio father willing to sign for either

Feb 28, 2009, 09:50 AM

Going down the line of adopton. But my ex will have none of it he hates the fact we are settled and happy - my daughter only knows my partner as her dad and walks past grant (bio father). Its very stressful
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 09:54 AM

If the bio dad wants to be part of the child's life or if they just don't want to sign over their rights to adopt, most likely it is not going to happen

Feb 28, 2009, 09:58 AM

He doesn't want to be part of her life, he is bitter because I ahd him charged with assault (dom abuse) is there no way courts will sign over rights?
    in2pro Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Rather then try and change it why not hyphenate it?
    sparky2334 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Im in the same situation except the bio father has moved and I can't contact him but my baby is only 19 months does it still apply to me then? Ive been wanting to get it changed as I was forced into giving my daughter his surname someone said I can get it changed by deed poll and someone else told me to get a solicitor
    tylertxman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Me and my girlfriend at the time were at the hospital when I went to the bathroom the girl put her last name on the birth certificate after we planned for my name to be her lastname. She really punched me in the gut. What can I do to get my daughter my last name as I am on the birth certificate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child's Surname Change. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter would like to change my grandson's surname to be the same as her her surname instead of the father's surname (they were never married). The father's surname is not on the birth certificate, so how can this be done without involving him?

Can I change my son's surname on his birth certificate [ 12 Answers ]

My son was born in 2001 and due to very personal circumstances his father remains unknown. At the time of his birth I gave him my married surname because that is the name I was using then. I have since gone back to my maiden name and would like to have his surname changed to MY maiden name as well,...

Changing daughters surname [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has her fathers surname, we are not married but he is named on the birth certificate, she is about to start school and I do not want her confused with having a different surname to mine, can I change it without his permission as I know he will refuse??

Change of surname of my child [ 6 Answers ]

I have a daughter and I didn't married her father. But I had my baby's surname after her father's. Now. Her father and I broke up because our relationship isn't really working. I would just like to ask the process of what do I need to do to change my baby's name after mine. What are the laws and...

View more questions Search