Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 11:59 PM
    Is EAD Required for L2 Visa
    Hi All,
    I have L2 visa(spouse of L1B). I have SSN. Do I need to have EAD in order to work?
    Regards,
    Butama
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 28, 2009, 09:15 AM

Yes, you need the EAD to work. The SSN is not employment authorization.

Do not be misled by information several years ago from a SSA memo (POMS), advising otherwise. It has not been adopted by the USCIS and regs have not been issued. It is not currently effective.

Confirm this with the immigration attorney for your husbands company. If this was helpful, rate this answer! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to know normal time required for UK Visitor Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for UK Visitor Visa.My nationality is Indian and I am Currently staying in United States.my unique Appointment Reference number is: VAR001693424 And my appointment is confirmed for: Saturday, 24 January 2009 at 12:00 I want to know if I submit all required documents on 24th,also...

Why are people on L1 - A visa required to pay SST and Medicare tax [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Wanted to know on why are people on L1 A visa required to pay SST and Medicare tax and will they be able to claim refund of these taxes as the will not be in U.S for long time. What is the purpose of this tax. I hear that people can get social security benefits after they retire. So if I...

Required information regarding stay in US on H1B visa without having any project? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I want to know if any body get the H1B visa, but not get any project immediately, and want to come US immediately without having any project. Can he/she stay in US without having any project? If yes, how many days he/she can stay without any project in US? If not, what kind of...

L-1 visa approval notification required [ 1 Answers ]

I have an l-1 application approved but am nervous about the visa approval.As long as I am of good character is it likely the visa will be issued?

View more questions Search