Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grubsnig_r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 11:21 PM
    "foot"marks on the ocean floor
    Apart from numerous straight (or nearly straight) grooves seen on the Atlantic Ocean floor, there are interesting "foot" marks south of Tenerife: 27 deg. 10' N, 16 deg. 30' W
    In a north-south direction.

Can anybody suggest the cause or speculate on this?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 01:15 PM

Can you provide a reference? I read an article in the NY Times today about how some people are misinterpreting what look like grid marks in some data that Google now has available on the web - these "marks" are actually vestiges of incomplete data - could that be what you're referring to?

See:
    Google Explains Watery Mystery of 'Atlantis' - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:40 AM

It also could just be shapes looking oddly familiar to footprints but being something else entirely.. how big are these.. they could be remnants of fish nests where they push away all the big rocks, debries away from where they are laying their eggs... Also I did see a thing on Google earth showing an underwater shape resembling a scarab (egyptian beetle) and people were trying to reference it to atlantis and they are inaccurate. So it could really be just anything (plus if anyone believes in atlantis.. there is also writings from before plato (whom everyone says knew where atlantis was) that pointedly state that atlantis could be in the atlantic ocean due to the misspelling of atlantis, atlantiens, etc... )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot and ankle "bone brusie" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad bone bruise or stress fracture to the talus and cuboid bones in my Left foot. Depends on which Dr. I ask one calls it a bruise one calls it a stress fracture. I was hard casted for 3 weeks and in a cam for another week And then back in to a hard cast again now for another 4 weeks....

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Building "curb" outside of retrofit shower floor [ 16 Answers ]

I just installed a Swanstone 3260L and don't want to drill into the front edge for the shower doors. I have ripped down a 2x4 and installed 1/4" cbu on 3 sides. I will tape and thinset edges and apply Redguard. I want to know if it is OK to use liguid nails to attach bottom edge of 2x4 which has no...

View more questions Search