Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    139033 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Feeling depress without any reason.
    Hello I am feeling low without any reason since last few months. I can not concentrating on any thing. Nothing makes me happy. I don't like to speak to anybody, I am talking very less. My friend circle are reduced. There is no any specific reason for this. Is it cause of some mineral deficiency or it is age related? I am working for 13 hours and healthwise I am OK
    I am at 37.
    What is the cause??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 11:18 PM

Hi, 139033!

There could be many causes for something like that. For one thing, what's the weather like where you are, please?

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Aliena Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2009, 04:43 AM

I think it's because you don't have a hobby.try to do something you like and keep yourself busy in your activities.going out doing some sports,making new friends,cracking some jokes with your relatives or something like that.

You'll see that your life will be different.try to be more ambitious.

Take care
    God Bless
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 139033 View Post
    Hello I am feeling low without any reason since last few months. I can not concentrating on any thing. Nothing makes me happy. I dont like to speak to anybody, I am talking very less. My friend circle are reduced. There is no any specific reason for this. Is it cause of some mineral deficiency or it is age related? I am working for 13 hours and healthwise i am ok
    I am at 37.
    What is the cause???
    Age may play some part in it,maybe.

I have heard that the bodies chemistry changes about every 7 years,sometimes it is nothing drastic,like an allergy to dust/mold... etc.Other times it can be more aligned to depression and the effects of less daylight.

The last few months might have slowly been taking it's toll on your chemistry with the lack of the real sunshine?I can't say exactly,only you can see the 'red flags'.

Has there been a change in eating and sleeping habits,relationships,more time spent indoors rather than socializing?

All these lead to depression.

Once in a depression,the illness will become self sustaining,food and darkness/isolation and fear/many factors are evident while you have hindsight,but IN a depression with little to no idea,the moods are subtle and will require just a few things to keep you there,, isolation is a big part of the illness.

Have any of your 'normal' routines been changed in the past few months,work hours,relationship status,eating habits.. etc,, all lead to the same end for depression.

To break the chain of depression takes effort.

That is something depression doesn't allow you much of.

I would try to reacquaint yourself with friends first(many will understand the depression,more than you think! )

Secondly,get out and do more, not work,just socializing,entertainment,fellowship,anything that breaks the chain of events you are in right now.

Hope this helps,

Ken
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 08:30 AM
    When is the last time you had a complete physical.

That might be the place to start.
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

Mar 6, 2009, 04:24 AM

You are clearly suffering from depression. This is a chemical imbalance in your brain and is fully treatable. You need to see your doctor to get some medication to help you. Tell him exactly what you written in your question and don't let him fob you off. If you have been feeling this way for some time you need some help to pick yourself up again.

Mar 6, 2009, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjw View Post
    You are clearly suffering from depression. This is a chemical imbalance in your brain and is fully treatable. You need to see your doctor to get some medication to help you. Tell him exactly what you written in your question and don't let him fob you off. If you have been feeling this way for some time you need some help to pick yourself up again.
    Hello Sajjw,

I am feeling much better now, I have not taken any medicin, But I have read lots of articles from the internet. As you rightly said that there are some chemical are responsible for cause of depression.
    I want to share with everybody. These chemicals are Magnicium and potassium.
    Deficiency of these chemicals can be a cause of depression.
    Many fruits and vegetables are enriched with these minerals. Pomigranete, Rasion, Graps, Almonds and dates are good sources of theses minerals. After 35, our body starts decreasing these minerals . We have to take right meditation at right time. Of course calcium is very important for all of us at any age. But other minerals are also important.
    I was very strange about my depression.So I got the perfect soultion .

Oct 8, 2009, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjw View Post
    Dear Sajjw,
    I had over come from my depression as I mentioned in my last mail.
    I use to do chanting of god everyday for 15 minutes.You also recommond this meditation to any of your friend who is passing through from this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the reason? [ 46 Answers ]

Why a man likes a nurse who had kids when she was 16, divored twice in her life with an average looking (34 yrs old) Instead of A Top MBA graduate, pure(a virgin), beautiful, humble,intelligent who is making 6 figures @ the age of 28? (28 yr old) Why? The man is a pilot at his age of 30....

Dealing with depress boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm currently new on your site and very happy to be a part of it now... I'm seeking for an advice... I've been with a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 1 and half year... we came from different race... we never think about our differences because were both open minded and we...

He is making me feel depress! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out since las summer. He lives in jamaica and if I don't call him I don't hear from him, I realize that I told him that I love him and he keep telling me that's what am saying. I was mad at him for three weeks and I didn't call him, the second week when I didn't...

The reason why we do N.C! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys just wanted to tell you something that happened to me last week well as you all know I'm with my girlfriend now happy and doing our own thing, when I get an email from my X. saying hi how are you. We split up like 8 months ago I of course didn't respond but it made me laugh.

Honda Accord hard starting, need depress gas pedal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with hard start on my Honda Accord 1990. When I crank it, it does not seem to catch a spark. Just when I depress gas pedal a little several times, it starts. I changed all spark plugs, it starts very well. After 2 weeks, the same problem came back again. Need help for finding...

View more questions Search