Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vianeymot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Why my 8 month old baby has black spots in her tongue?
    Please help
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 10:19 PM

Im not an expert about stuff like that but you know who would be... a doctor
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 10:26 PM

You have a computer but you don't have a doctor?
    Take your child to a doctor!
    in2pro Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Did she eat something that caused it?
    Have a toy or pen in her mouth?
    Wake up with the spots?
    Come home from school / caregiver with them?
    Do her hands or mouth have any spots or marks?
    Are they painful to her? Is she crying?
    Has she had them before?
    Just a few things I think the Dr would ask...
    ONE_LUV13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Rude *** people, she's just asking a question, don't read if you don't want to help
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 30, 2011, 12:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE_LUV13 View Post
    rude *** ppl, she's just askin a question, don't read if u don't wanna help
    Everyone is trying to help.

A sick baby needs to seen by a doctor , not being diagnosed by people on a website.

We give the best and most accurate advice possible, even if it something you don't like or think is rude.

Straightforeward , The child needs a doctor not advice.

That is the best advice you can get anywhere from anyone. Do it.
    mamabear1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 08:29 PM
    If you notice it at 1 in the morning and it's not killing her... you are not going to take her to a hospital, and you are not going to call the good doctor and wake him and his wife up sooooo... you Google it. That is what these sites are for. Going to the doctor is is obviously the obvious choice so of course she would have done that first if it was an option. So YES! ONE_luv13 was right. Your attitude was rude with your little "....a doctor" comment of. Thank you very much. If you want to be helpful don't try to make someone feel stupid for asking. Or they won't ask for when it is important and they don't think it is. In the mean time practice responding "Gee I'm not sure... I have never run across this before. My only suggestion is to just ask the baby's doctor as soon as possible". See how much better that was? You won't get everyone and there neighbor wanting to yell at you for being so rude to the poor mother. I'm glad she is concerned. Some mother's wouldn't even bother googleing it.

Jun 19, 2011, 08:38 PM
    "Black Tongue is usually a fungus and needs to be treated by your child's doctor, so I hope you have already gone to see the doctor and have started treatment."

Now this was a response from a mature adult known as SHYgrnesys. This is all she wanted to know. This is the correct response class.

Jun 19, 2011, 08:55 PM
    Comment on mamabear1's post
    I did a little more searching and http://www.cafemom.com/group/325/forums/read/10554472/Dark_spots_on_my_babys_tongue
    Was a lot more helpful. You may want to ask them your question next time. They helped me a lot. One mother said that she went to her pediatrician for the same symptoms my 2 month old has... a white tongue with a few bluish black spots and he told her she has Geographic tongue, lol, sounds really funny to me - and he said that it's nothing to worry about and to expect that they will move around as well. Her baby's tongue cleared up after about a year. You should be able to Google a picture of it to compare.
    Eilatan4891 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 08:48 PM
    My son has the same thing, and I hate to take him to the doctor every time he has the slightest issue. I read another moms post in baby center and she was told that it was harmless and she should start brushing the baby's tongue so that's what I'm going to try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black spots on tongue [ 6 Answers ]

I have black splotchy spots on my tongue. There is no swelling, pain or sensitivity. What causes this?

Black spots on 8 month old's tongue [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this question on here but have not seen an answer. For it. It goes not seam to bother the baby, just the mother and grandparents.

Black spots on tongue [ 3 Answers ]

What causes black spots on tongue

Black spots on my tongue [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have spotted 3 black spots on my tongue lately. What could be the cause, and diagnois.

Black Spots On Tongue [ 2 Answers ]

What causes black spots to form on the back of the tongue?

View more questions Search