Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IAMHOOTER Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Troybuilt Lawn Tractor
    Mower Runs Fine, Just When I Engage Blades, Will Run For A Min And Then It Will Disengage Blades, What Is The Problem
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Manual blade engagement? If so, it sounds as though the thing must be jiggling loose... how old is it? Any warranty?

Aug 22, 2006, 10:00 AM
    No Not Manual Blade, Has Pto Switch, Push, Pull Elec And When I Pull It Will Engage, But Go Right Back Out. Is The Switch Bad
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 03:59 PM
    Yes, it could be the switch.. go over the connections good.. so it doesn't have a warranty or no?
    melodiesohvn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 07:17 PM
    I am having the very same problem but only in high range. Will it run at all in low range? If you get a good answers let me know please. If I learn what it is I will let you know. Thanks. [email protected]
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Check The Wires Going To Your Pto Clutch, This Is Located On The Crankshaft Under The Engine.
    You Can Try This :

With The Ignition Key In The "run" Position,

Sit On The Seat,

Pull Up On The Blade Engagement Switch,

Listen For A "click"

If You Hear A Click, At Least There Is Electricity To The Pto Clutch, You May Have A Loose , Or Broken Wire, Also Check The Connection At The Switch To Make Sure It Is Clean And Plugged In Well.

Aug 1, 2009, 11:41 AM

Troy-bilt 46" deck with 22 hsp motor. Keeps throwing PTO Belt. Have put new belt and extension spring on it, but keeps throwing belt just as soon as you engage blade. What is the problem that is causing this to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

No start ayp lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have a AYP 22hp kohler with a electric pto clutch. The engine won't turn over with the key switch . I can jump the key switch and it will run. It will stay running as long as I leave the clutch/brake pedal engaged. If I release the clutch or try to engage the blades it will die . At first I...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

Weedeater lawn tractor [ 7 Answers ]

I have a weedeater lawn tractor age unknown but 5-8 years guessing with a 12.5 briggs engine, went to start it last week and clicking was all I got so tried to manually turn crankshaft and it was froze, this week I got to tinkering with it and was able to turn shaft and it fired up like always,...

MTD lawn tractor won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced all belts but tractor is still taking off when changing gears instead of sitting still until gears change

View more questions Search