Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harlequingirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 02:08 AM
    Friends or cute guy?
    All right so my friends don't like this guy Miles that is hella hott because he smokes weed. But I like him a lot-even though I've only seen him once. So I called him(my friend had his number) and asked him if he wanted to hang out. He said "sure, I'll pick you up tonight. we can smoke some weed." okaynotcool. But whatever, I really needed to get over my last breakup because I'm still totally into my ex but he is in love with my best friend. Anyway, I told a few friends what I was doing and they all freaked and told my really good friend Nicole who hasn't talked to me since because of my "bad judgment". Whatever, screw her. So then Miles called me and told me he couldn't make it. I was like all right, maybe another time.

Hes my friends next door neighbor and my friend is having a party in 2 days and I think I might sneak over there. Bad idea? Last time I thought about going out with him, my friends all hated me for weeks. I apologized though, so everything is all cool. I mean Miles is a really cute guy and I really want to see him but I don't want my friends to freak out or anything. Cause school starts in a week and school would suck without friends.

So should I stay or should I go?

(btw, that's a great song.)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 02:18 AM
    Right first off.. don't get into this guy just because you can't get over your ex.. that's not the way to start.

Why don't u try and hang out with your friends and have fun. Let this Miles guy come after you!

Why would your friends freak out anyway?

I can see you are only 14, don't start worrying about boys just as yet, you have a full life ahead of you to do so :)

Also the fact that he smokes weed is abit dodgy if you ask me..
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Aug 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
    I agree with you Krs... you are way too young to be worrying about guys! Don't choose a boy over your friends! Guys will come and go but if you have good friends... they will be there for you (especially when you get your heart broke someday... and you will! It is part of life! It is just how you deal with it!)

There are several red flags here... your friends don't like him (for whatever reason) and he smokes weed! NOT COOL!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2006, 03:15 PM
    You are making your own drama.

Friendships generally last longer than relationships are your age, and the issue with him smoking pot is a reasonable one, even if you don't agree. How would their parents react if they were hanging around or with a guy who got caught with drugs? Like it or not, some people just would rather stay away from that kind of noise.

My girlfriend in high school had a great friend who regularly was high. Smart guy, successful. But I remember being in the car with him driving, speeding, and thinking that this guy is going to get pulled over and I'm going to get in trouble for his bad choices. I rarely got in that car after that and I was always a little unnerved being around him, even though I liked him as a friend.

So... hate to say it, but its up to you. I don't think people should bow down to their friends opinions, but id have to say you don't have much room to argue a reasonable point here.

You can move on or leave your friend behind and hope they are there for you when it falls apart.

By the way, they've been there for you when your last boyfriend left right? They deserve a little credit. Just cause a guy is hot you consider letting them go? So who is being the bad friend in this situation?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Your too young to be worrying about this.
    Hang with your friends and forget the loser who has a drug problem.
    Do you want to end up with no friends and a drop kick boyfriend who smokes weed all the time and will dump you the minute someone 'cooler' comes along?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Rebound relationships are never a good thing even under the best of circumstances. This guy smokes weed and you want to hang out with him? Come on, now. No wonder your friends freaked. Take my advice and stay away from this guy. He'll lead you down a road you don't want to go down. Especially since you're just using him to get over your previous relationship.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
    And you see where his priorities are...

The very first time you try to see him he wants you to share in his pot smoking. OK. So that's what is important to him.

Is it really that hard to figure this out, or is all a guy needs is killer looks? Then he can treat you however he wants?

This is so the wrong way to be thinking about relationships, what's OK and what's not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2006, 08:58 PM
    It would be a very good idea to stick with your friends and leave the dope smoking to the losers.
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 22, 2006, 10:00 PM
    Look I know this is not what you want to hear, but seriously, I have been down this road you are about to go, and I am telling you It's bad from there.
    This is what is going to happen...
    Scenario #1... YOu decide to stick with your friends, leave the loser no matter how "hot: he is......"beauty fades and charm is decietful... " and you have fun with your freinds, and a another hot guy comes along, ( ther are lots of hotties out there who aren'tlosers) and everythign wors well
    scenario #2 you ditch your freinds, for this hottie, he ignores you or is oo stoned to care, he drags you down a road of hell you get in fight wiht your parents, he ditches you and your stuck on the streets and have to sell youself you get aids and die a horrible death alone!!!!!!

okay so i got a little drastic wiht teh second part of that....but its close enough it is at least how you will feel emotionaly.

Honestly I think the reason your freinds are "trippin and hatin' on ya" is because they really care about you, and they do not want to see you get hurt.

Drop this guy, stick with the friends, and wait for the plentyof hotties that will come along... later in life.

And don't have sex!
    Especaily with this guy.
    Try if you can wait till your like 20
    Or an adult.having sex right now is like trading a 100$ for for 10 cents... at least emotuionally you'll probably feel like htis( so I have been told by people I know who gave it up too early in life) oh man and all you need is a kid ot take care of.
    Wait I um went off
    Sorry
    Just um stick with your friends

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cute? [ 27 Answers ]

Sup friends, I noticed that guys love saying the word "cute" to girls. Why is that? I mean, cute as in what? Babies are cute. Puppies are cute? What the hell do you all mean, for real now! Why can't you say " hey, you're f-ing hot" or even "you're alright" but "cute" don't cut it. What do you...

Cute chick right here! [ 11 Answers ]

I wnt my daughters to learn to learn to defend themselves for when the time comes they may have to. Is 5 and 6 yrs old okay? Is 29 too old to learn?

From a Blonde, but find these cute! [ 17 Answers ]

Seven degrees of Blonde! `4*:-.,_,.-:*4`4*:-.,_,.-:*4`4*:-.,_,.-:*4`4*: FIRST DEGREE A married couple were asleep when the phone rang at 2 in the morning. The wife (undoubtedly blonde), picked up the phone, listened a moment and said "How should I know, that's 200 miles from here!" and hung...

Anyone know any cute/fun Recipes for Kids [ 2 Answers ]

:) :) Hey all I was wondering if you know any fun Recipes for Kids,, (Websites will work too) Thanks

View more questions Search