Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cagangloff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Land loan entry
    We have land appraised at 3,300,000. We took out a loan this week for 1,650,000 against the land. What is the journal entry to set up the asset and liability on the books/
    Booky Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 12:19 PM

If this land is being placed into business use, then the Asset for Land would be a debit for the value of the land, there would be a credit for the value of the loan debt and the remaining balance would be a credit to the equity of the business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry for loan [ 2 Answers ]

How to post entry when I acquired car loan with 4% interest payable in 3 years?

Consolidation loan entry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the journal entry for combining two loans into one? I have researched my accounting books with no luck. HELP! Thank you. The amounts of the existing loans does not equal the amount of the new loan and I realize there is interest included in these amounts, but where do I put the additional...

Downpayment for land or loan [ 1 Answers ]

I found a piece of land for $34,000. It has come at a time when the savings has just been depleted. This was expected in januarary, not July. I have little over 10% for the down. The only other thing I have is two car titles, at a value of $15,000. This dosen't help with the land loan, but can I...

Land lord entry [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I went away for a month and I spent a lot of time worring that the landlord would enter my apartment well I was gone (it happened with a preveous land lord) I was just wondering if she could do that because I was not there for her to give any notice to if she wanted to enter the apartment...

View more questions Search