Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyrey Posts: 102, Reputation: 10

Feb 27, 2009, 03:42 AM
    The purpose of life
    Do we exist by chance? If not, why do we exist?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 04:04 AM

Hi, tonyrey!

Do you think that we exist by chance? I don't, because I don't see how so much order could come about randomly by chance and/or chaos. I really can't go much deeper than that because of the known and unknowns to the speculation regarding the question concerning whether we exist by chance or not.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2009, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, tonyrey!

Do you think that we exist by chance? I don't, because I don't see how so much order could come about randomly by chance and/or chaos. I really can't go much deeper than that because of the known and unknowns to the speculation regarding the question concerning whether we exist by chance or not.

What do you think?

Thanks!

The Chance hypothesis is the most absurd explanation of life that has ever been proposed. It maintains that mind, purpose and value have emerged from that which is mindless, purposeless and valueless! If reason is derived from irrational forces every conclusion we reach is suspect...
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2009, 02:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrey View Post
    The Chance hypothesis is the most absurd explanation of life that has ever been proposed. It maintains that mind, purpose and value have emerged from that which is mindless, purposeless and valueless! If reason is derived from irrational forces every conclusion we reach is suspect...
    So, why did you include it as part of the two questions that you asked, please?

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2009, 07:43 AM

I included it because there are people who do believe we exist by chance - and it gives them the opportunity to explain why...
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2009, 05:00 PM

Okay, thanks!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrey View Post
    Do we exist by chance? If not, why do we exist?
    We exist to live

Mar 4, 2009, 02:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    we exist to live
    A nice distinction :)

The negative aspects of life should be outweighed by the positive...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purpose of our life [ 12 Answers ]

What is the purpose of this life. Just eating, sleeping, working and doing some favors for the needy- will this justify our existence? Why god has sent us on the earth? Getting confused.

What's the purpose of NC? [ 2 Answers ]

I wonder now what the real purpose of NC. I mean, if your ex trying to contact you back after you do it, do you pick up the phone or what?? Is it best not to have any kind of relationship with your ex forever or..?

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

Purpose of Life? [ 85 Answers ]

I know and believe what my purpose in life is, Do you know yours? And whatever you believe, could you please explain how have you reached this conclusion? Thank you in advance for all your thoughts! :)

View more questions Search