Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nazim503 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2009, 11:28 PM
    Inoutllok from mail id should be hidden
    How to configure outlook 2003 to hide the from mail id.
    While sending a mail the to address people should not able to see the from address people's mail id. How to do that.

Thanks in advance
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 06:40 AM

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

I don't think you can hide the "From" address. You can change the "Name" associated with the account, and that's usually what people see, but if they double-click on the name, they will see the e-mail address from which the message was sent.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 06:02 AM

No one is trying to "satisify" you here.

Basically, I told you that it's not possible to do what you want to do. Internet mail isn't built that way. Spammers try very hard to hide their addresses and they aren't able to completely do it. They have to "spoof" addresses (nonsensical or non-existent name).

I'm not sure why that would make you disagree with my answer.
    nazim503 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2009, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    No one is trying to "satisify" you here.

Basically, I told you that it's not possible to do what you want to do. Internet mail isn't built that way. Spammers try very hard to hide their addresses and they aren't able to completely do it. They have to "spoof" addresses (nonsensical or non-existent name).

I'm not sure why that would make you disagree with my answer.
    First of all Thanks for your time for trying to answer my question.Actually I am not joking or not playing with you guys.I just seen once that there is a way to do that.That is hiding the from mail id 's address.It will be shown like "Undisclosed Recepient".I want to know how to do this.So only I posted it.
    See is there any way?

Thanks in advace

Regards

:)
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 02:23 AM

Understanding E-mail Spoofing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hidden dir and hidden index.that file [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if I have been hacked or not and even if this should be a concern. My laptop is running XP Pro SP3 I have always set all my files and folders not to be hidden. Please don't respond explaining how to unhide files and folder in windows explorer as I know how to do that. ...

Pop ups and hidden icons. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir: Please teach me the procedure on How to get rid of the hidden icon on my informational bar on my computer screen. They keep asking me to buy their spyware products. They are pop up constantly telling me my computer is infected with virus. Any solution beside initial the hard drive. ...

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

View more questions Search