Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Replacing Social Security Card
    I'm starting a new job on Monday and I can't find my Social Security Card. Does anyone know the process for getting a new one? How long does it take?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 04:24 PM

What countrry are you in ? That would be a good start. Plus losing your card is big trouble nowadays. Could be someone else using it.

Wherever you are, report it IMMEDIATELY AS LOST.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 04:32 PM

In the US, you can go online and download a application to send in,

It will take a few weeks. There are other ID allowed on the list, what other ID do you have
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 04:33 PM
    I am in the U.S. No one else is using it. And it was not actually lost, but destroyed in a fire.
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    In the US, you can go online and download a application to send in,

It will take a few weeks. There are other ID allowed on the list, what other ID do you have
    I have a driver's license, passport and birth certificate.
    cooch Posts: 38, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 15, 2009, 09:56 AM

Go to Social Security Online - The Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration to apply for a new card.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 10:11 PM
    I actually took care of it already. It was much, much easier than I thought it would be. I waited 20 minutes at the SS Office and walked out with a new card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security card for F2 visa holders [ 2 Answers ]

I am here from India on a F1 visa and my wife and son would be here on a F2 visa. Are they required to obtain a social security card once they arrive in U.S.

Social Security card for non resident alien? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a U.S. citizen married to a Dutch national for the last 15 years. We would like to get my wife a non-working social security card. She has a Taxpayer ID # as we file joint U.S. tax returns. The rules on the Soc. Sec. site are sufficiently vague as to be not very helpful. Anyone know if it...

I suspect someone I know using my social security card. [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concern. Recently my social security card was stolen. I kind of suspect someone who is living in the same house hold is me. I suspect this person cause this illegal to be here. And I'm a citizen. Now I reported my social security stolen,but now this pwerson just stated working at...

How Can I get a new Social Security and ID Card which was lost [ 3 Answers ]

A while ago I had my wallet in my pocket and it was taken to the cleaners. I later discovered that it was missing. The cleaners said they didn't have it. This is when my aggravation began. All of my information was in there. The most important pieces were my Photo ID and my social security card....

View more questions Search